• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
thanks tree frog - seems like i'm getting as much out of your walks as you are ;-)

of course, beach baby at seagrove is not available :sosad: there seem to be two houses called beach baby in the seagrove area. I'm a little confused.
there is this one(which i think is the one you are refering to)
http://beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7533

and there is this one:
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/3348.html

what's funny is that both of them say something about being on a dead end street in their summary of the property.

kokomo is too big for their family of 4 and therefore too expensive, unfortunately.

i'm hoping one of the other 2 houses will be available for them. thanks again!

reece

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Reece:

Well, there actually must be 3 Beach Baby houses in Seagrove.

The 3rd one may work for your friends. It's at 105 Brown Street, just up the street from Beach Views. Not beachfront, but it's affordable for a small family. I've been in it several times when friends and family rented it. Everyone was happy with it.

Royal Beach Rentals 850-534-0841. For some reason, I can't find it on their web site, but I know they still handle it.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
thanks tree frog. the house on brown won't work because they want to be on the beach, gulf front.
beach baby of seagrove would have been perfect - it was in their price range but it's not available, of course.
how about those 2 houses west of ramsgate?? :)

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The two houses west of Ramsgate...

Just west of Ramsgate is Mountjoy, handled by Rivard. Then there's Pelican Watch, with Beach Rentals of South Walton. Pelican Watch is a duplex.

Everything else beachfront on the western side of Eastern Lake is either private or condos.

Good luck. :D

MommieBunnie

Beach Comber
Apr 9, 2007
where is chelsea loop on this map, could you pushpin that? i am trying to decide on a house and my daughter in law will be 7 month pregnant in july...so she doesn't know exactly how she will feel about a LONG walk. Thanks. MommieBunnie

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
where is chelsea loop on this map, could you pushpin that? i am trying to decide on a house and my daughter in law will be 7 month pregnant in july...so she doesn't know exactly how she will feel about a LONG walk. Thanks. MommieBunnie

Chelsea Loop is a U-shaped street between Eastern Lake Road and the beachfront. The eastern leg is just east of Brown Street, western leg is just west of Brown.

You can't get much closer unless you rent beachfront.

MommieBunnie

Beach Comber
Apr 9, 2007
Thanks a million, that was very helpful. do you happen to know if eastern lake road is what seperates north ryan and south ryan? Thanks - it is so helpful to ask these questions!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
do you happen to know if eastern lake road is what seperates north ryan and south ryan?

That's exactly it.

Any house on S Ryan will be just as close to the beachfront as Chelsea Loop, but a tiny bit further from the beach access, which is located at the beach end of the western leg of Chelsea Loop. I wouldn't expect the extra distance would trouble your daughter, it's maybe 150' tops.

If you think so, check out Kokomo. It's a nice beachfront house that could probably hold a good-sized crowd.

MommieBunnie

Beach Comber
Apr 9, 2007
kokomo is rented all of july and august, we can't come before then! I found two which look promising, Nantucket on Chelsea Loop and Brahm's Lullaby which is at 63 S Ryan but looks like it is really close to beach, 50' from house is the estimate, does that seem right? Is there still a lot of construction in that area and do i have to be concerned about that in that area? we also have a 1 year old with us!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
The boardwalk from Chelsea loop to the beach access runs right beside Nantucket. It's on the second line. Probably a nice gulf view over the top of Beach Baby, too. It's maybe 2 years old.

I don't know Brahms, but if it's on S Ryan, you'll be on the beach with an easy stroll of maybe 100-200 ft.

They are building one house on S Ryan, otherwise no construction underway on it or Chelsea Loop. Both streets are nearly fully built out.

I can almost promise your 1 year old won't be the only toddler around this summer. Summer's Edge is pretty much all family vacationers. Young and old adults without kids seem to go elsewhere.

Last edited: