• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
you know, John R, oddly enough, i absolutely love beef carpaccio!! but i couldn't bring myself to eat a hamburger med rare.
isn't that funny ? funny, weird, not funny haha. :D

reece

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
you know, John R, oddly enough, i absolutely love beef carpaccio!! but i couldn't bring myself to eat a hamburger med rare.
isn't that funny ? funny, weird, not funny haha. :D

reece

Oh you just brought back a bad memory....the last time I had food poisoning was in Florence, my first night in Italy. Carpaccio with a gorgonzola sauce. Arghh. Lost the next two days in Florence. And what made it worse (this part is funny now), I went to the pharmacy for something to help, but didn't know Italian so I couldn't ask for anything. A little sign language and a few hand motions got my point across, har, and I ended up with Ipecac (or it's cousin). And since I couldn't read the directions....well you can probably guess the outcome.

Glad you're feeling better BR!

Last edited:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Yeah, and if all 10 of them were SoWallers, they'd all know!

There was a low probability when I originally started this thread that someone else might have gotten food poisoning and also read this message board. But it was worth a try just to satisfy my curiosity regarding how I got sick. Besides, I for one am so addicted to this board that sometimes I think, "DOESN'T THE ENTIRE CIVILIZED WORLD KEEP UP WITH SOWAL.COM/BB?"
:lolabove: :funn: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rofl:

Good points, Indigo Jill.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better BR! Food poisioning is the woooorrstt.

I have been afflicted 2 times - once in college and another time at home when my husband, while griling chicken in the dark, we think must've put the cooked chicken on the plate which he had carried the raw chicken instead of the clean one he brought to transfer it once cooked:bang:

In the middle of the night, I woke up sick as a dog and, of course, as all good wives do, immediately blamed him..."you must not have cooked the chicken right" yada yada yada. Of course, this provoked a mid-night fuss between us as he said he was just fine, felt fine and who was I to blame him. About an hour or two later, it strikes him, too, and we were in bed for a few days after that. What a scene it was :funn:

Last edited:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
so, no more steak tartare?

the fact that a server needs to state some kind of disclaimer when meat is ordered mid-rare really irks me. i ordered it that way. i know there is no risk. i've been eating mid-rare burgers for 35 years and never got sick...

I know, John R...my husband likes his burgers between rare and med-rare, me med rare. What's worse is going to a restaurant where they won't even cook it med-rare - can only order med or above! YUCK!

Steak tartare...this is something my whole family LOVES but I've never been able to do. Then again, my husband eats any and all offal meats and innards when possible. They even do the raw egg on top - looking at that while pregnant was one of the most disturbing food experiences for me. Couldn't eat my meal I was so quesy watching that raw egg white drip when scooped into and than popped on a piece of toast and into the mouth.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
I wouldn't wish food poisoning on my worst enemy.....Without giving toooo much info (TMI) I never experienced the evacuation of fluids from my body in such a rapid and violent way as i did after eating the hot dog from the bowling alley as I did at 2:00 a.m. one night after several libations.....sick for 2 solid days. Good luck there beach runner......god speed!

I wouldn't wish food poisoning on my worst enemy.....Without giving toooo much info (TMI) I never experienced the evacuation of fluids from my body in such a rapid and violent way as i did after eating the hot dog from the bowling alley as I did at 2:00 a.m. one night after several libations.....sick for 2 solid days. Good luck there beach runner......god speed!
Thanks. Yeah, it took me a week to get my strength back. Not funn!