• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

nicdeedoop

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
So why all the fire trucks from surrounding towns and counties at Flamingo Village and Butler Elementary?

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
So why all the fire trucks from surrounding towns and counties at Flamingo Village and Butler Elementary?

House Fire. I think they called in all the other departments because of the winds and forest behind Flamingo Village. Thank goodness, it didn't get out of control. Hate to hear about a house fire though.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The Daily Fishwrapper says it was a five acre brush fire that started on a vacant lot in Flamingo Village. Sounds like no homes were damaged, but a couple of wood fences got toasty.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
The Daily Fishwrapper says it was a five acre brush fire that started on a vacant lot in Flamingo Village. Sounds like no homes were damaged, but a couple of wood fences got toasty.

I live in Flamingo Village and the back of my next door neighbors fence burned down. I was hanging out with CityMouse & a few others in Pt. Washington at a St. Patty's Day party & was out of Verizon's cell phone area and didn't get my husband's emergency calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's something that scares the crap outta me, not getting a call or not getting through to Geoff when I need to most!

A bush in our yard right by our house started burning but they got everything out in just a little while. He said he was cleaning house & watching an action movie, heard sirens, thought it was on TV, looked out the backdoor and saw huge yellow flames!!!! He said goodbye to the goldfish, hermit crabs and grabbed our cat and ran out the door! Luckily, no one got hurt & no one's house was harmed.

Some boy was starting a fire and it happened to get out of hand because of the wind and the humidity dropping below 15% right at that time. His dad isn't too happy with him right now.:shock: The fire was jumping around the preserve behind the neighborhood.

I didn't get back until it was all over and the last of the trucks were leaving but it smoked throughout the night and everything in here smelled like smoke.

My three year old is raising H***, so I can't even finish this post, but wanted to let y'all know what happened.

Here's pics of what it looks like from our fence today.

Last edited:

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Wow, that's way too close to your house:eek: Glad everything and especially everyone is ok.