• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Three posts and three different prices. Are you guys sure that you attended the same auction? :dunno: If so, which one of you was paying the most attention to the auctioneer?
I wondered the same thing... :dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Final notes on the auction:

Thanks for report, very interesting.

he offered the remaining 2br units at the auction price of $170,000 to anyone that wanted them.

So how many of the 2brs were snapped up for $170,000 out of the total offered?

BTW he advertised condo fees at $200/month - today that went up to $330.

Probably to cover the auction costs/advertising fees....adverts in WSJ don't come cheap.

I'm assuming that since your report made no mention of snacks and balloons at the auction there were none.....how "Ghetto" is that??

Last edited:

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
I'm assuming that since your report made no mention of snacks and balloons at the auction there where none.....how "Ghetto" is that??

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :funn: :funn: :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Acutally, there were snacks! Criolla's did the catering. No balloons though, only a great musician from Gulf Shores. Maybe if they served green beer since it was St. Patty's Day, people would have bid higher!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :funn: :funn: :rofl:

Acutally, there were snacks! Criolla's did the catering. No balloons though, only a great musician from Gulf Shores. Maybe if they served green beer since it was St. Patty's Day, people would have bid higher![/quote]maybe, but if a buyer is drunk, the contract may be voidable.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Acutally, there were snacks! Criolla's did the catering. No balloons though, only a great musician from Gulf Shores. Maybe if they served green beer since it was St. Patty's Day, people would have bid higher!

My, my....catering by Criolla's, live music, advertisements in the WSJ...with the reported outcome, it's probably a good thing they didn't go all out and slurge on balloons--then again, maybe the absence of balloons is the reason for the low/no bids.....:dunno: ....I guess we'll never know.

(Note to Self: Check out prices on balloon futures on Monday.)

Last edited:

PalmBeach

Beach Lover
Feb 21, 2007
New comps in the neighborhood and several new affordable rentals available....not a total bust. ;-)
These are not comps. They do not conform to the definition of a typical market sale that an appraiser is required by federal law to rely on.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Plastic US Flags seem to have replaced balloons as the "attention-getter" of choice for Open Houses...and the agents aren't taking them down at the end of the day either!:nono1: