• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Typically a boom period follows a hurricane affected area, once some normality returns, and insurance money rolls in. I guess that will take a little longer after this one. Yikes.

I hope I'm not being insensitive. After Andrew - a lot of people took the opportunity to settle somewhere other than Miami. Do you guys think we'll get an influx of permanent residents in SoWal from LA and MS?

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
FoX said:
Typically a boom period follows a hurricane affected area, once some normality returns, and insurance money rolls in. I guess that will take a little longer after this one. Yikes.

I hope I'm not being insensitive. After Andrew - a lot of people took the opportunity to settle somewhere other than Miami. Do you guys think we'll get an influx of permanent residents in SoWal from LA and MS?

Local DFW News channels interviewing evacuees staying in TX shelters in reunion arena, astrodome, etc. show many people who plan to relocate here, don't want to go back, and some have job interviews already. (They've even set up a semi-permanent "city" in the Astrodome - cleared any bookings for the next few months.)

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
FoX said:

My wife has been volunteering at Butler Elementary with registration among other things. She has talked to numerous people who are giving serious consideration to making this area home. Most cannot believe the outpouring of support and generousity coming from our community and think that it would be a great place to live. Only time will tell.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
And the Mayor and his family are looking for a home in Dallas.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
dbuck said:
Sueshore, do you mean the Mayor of New Orleans?

Yes. Apparently Mrs. Mayor has family in Carrollton, north of Dallas and has been staying here through out the storm and it's aftermath.

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.
Sueshore said:
Yes. Apparently Mrs. Mayor has family in Carrollton, north of Dallas and has been staying here through out the storm and it's aftermath.

Wow, what does it mean when the MAYOR relocates? :dunno: