• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sberry123

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2006
Goofer --- if you choose to view this as a 'scam' certainly that is your choice. We are wondering if you have any facts to back up your claims? As we said before, there is Full Disclosure ... you can't scam someone if you are telling them every intention of your plan and giving them an opportunity to review the details. If they don't agree with the terms, then there is no one holding a gun to their head to make them sign the papers.

Also, the fact remains that there alot of property owners really hurting and they are extremely desperate. Unfortunately this market has dropped dramatically and the prices reflect this change. If a person chooses to sell their property at 65% of its appraised value, then we wouldn't consider them 'dumb' --- they would simply be making a choice that they felt was best for them at the time. If someone has a property that is worth way more than what this market will allow and they DON'T HAVE to sell, then we highly recommend that they hold on to the property until the values rise again in the future.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, we do appreciate it --- even though we don't agree with it.

I guess another way someone who wants to sell their propertyat 65% of appraisal would be to just put their property with a realtor using the MLS. That way a whole bunch of people will see the new lowe price.:bang:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
2 BOHEMIANS

I might do the same deal for 75% of appraised value. I get 30 days to flip at a profit and if I don't find a buyer, I walk. No harm no foul no risk. As i stated earlier, you would have to be a very desperate seller and also very dumb to do that deal.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
BTW 2 Bohemians

The sellers are not selling their properties because the buyer is a bidder and not a real bidder at that since he won't buy the property until he has already lined up another buyer for the flip. Where is the risk to your "investment group" buyer ??? The sellers are just being duped. They are much better lowering the price and going into MLS...maybe they attract several buyers and maybe get a better price :dunno:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Goofer --- if you choose to view this as a 'scam' certainly that is your choice. We are wondering if you have any facts to back up your claims? As we said before, there is Full Disclosure ...

Who pays for the "current" appraisal & survey?
What is Century 21's take in this trade?
What is the investor's percentage of the sale?
What, if any, risk do the "creative, not crazy" investors take on in this game?

Last edited:

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Nothing personal, but the broker of this real estate firm is the one coming off as looking desperate, not to mention exercising very poor judgement in associating him or herself with this.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
If anyone is seriously interested in working with this type of offer, please give us a call or send us a private message with the details of your property. If our buyers look at your property info, do their due dilligence and decide to make an offer, we can set up a time to meet with you and our broker to discuss the details at length.

We seem to have opened up some healthy discussion that hopefully has some positive impact in a round about kind of way. We appreciate all of the feedback though we think it is a big leap for some of you to judge this or make negative comments when you really don't have all the details. We, along with our broker, have worked for the past 6 weeks on this. Believe us, we have done our homework as we would never want to put anyone at risk. We take great pride in what we do.

Once again, let us say, we are not forcing anyone to try this. It is a matter of choice. For those of you who don't like it or believe in it, the good news is that you don't have to try it. For others who may not have a lot of options, this may be a saving grace. We think everyone is making a huge deal out of something that we just threw out there as an option for those who were interested. Until you have one of these offers in front of you, we don't think it's fair to judge the deal or our character.

All of this said, if you folks want to continue this discussion, you will. For us, we have said all we need to say. If you have a property that you feel may work and are interested in speaking with us more about the details, please send a private message or feel free to give us a call.

Have a superb Sunday!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
We seem to have opened up some healthy discussion that hopefully has some positive impact in a round about kind of way. We appreciate all of the feedback though we think it is a big leap for some of you to judge this or make negative comments when you really don't have all the details.

2B,

It would be great if you did post all the details...but since you didn't, the best we could come up with is to read between the lines. That said, I don't think posting all the details will shine a more positive light on this type of deal.

I do, however, admire the way you fielded the questions up to the point you decided to drop the discussion.

rancid

Beach Fanatic
Aug 9, 2006
Should I take this all to mean that properties are overpriced on average by 25-35% ? Do others think that is a fair generality?

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
Should I take this all to mean that properties are overpriced on average by 25-35% ? Do others think that is a fair generality?

We bought our beach property to enjoy, and we?re doing just that. We wouldn?t sell it for 35% more than an appraiser feels its worth. After taxes, commission, etc. we couldn?t duplicate the location and good times that we?re having there.

sberry123

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2006

Maybe so, if investors sold to investors during the boom and now everyone is relying on the end buyer??? To say, "we have buyers," like there are no buyers out there. There are buyers out there, it may be that there are not too many properties in their price range. Come on, $300K just for the lot? I think you have a narrow market of buyers when the current prices and that will change when prices are more reasonable. Just my 2 cents:dunno: