• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
We are scheduled to head that way this weekend. What are the local stations saying about Ophelia?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
wintersbk said:
We are scheduled to head that way this weekend. What are the local stations saying about Ophelia?
084956W_sm.gif

Here is the latest from NOAA. This link will update at 10am Central.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
at200516_strike.gif

As you can see at the time of this post, there is still a slight chance that this storm, which is now sitting still, can come our way. I understand that 2 models show the tracking of Ophelia crossing the Peninsula of FL and coming into the Gulf -- One aimed close to NOLA. Just keep a close eye on her. "Ophelia (Cecilia), You're Breakin' My Heart."

at200516_model.gif

Last edited:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Wow. I hope it takes the red track!!! Or one that has it die out in the Atlantic. A lot of Atlantic side action right now with Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Nate sitting side by side off the Atlantic coast alittle further north than Ophelia so those storms appear not to be a threat to the panhandle. Both Maria and Nate currently show a track to the east and not looking like they will make any landfall (watch out Bermuda)!! TS Ophelia is the closest one to the Florida Atlantic coast but again it looks like the expected path is to the northeast and if landfall then Fla/Ga coast. Time will tell.

Mother Nature is sure rearing her ugly side again this year. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.