• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Tuesday was the final board meeting for County Attorney David Hallman. After serving the county for 18 months, Hallman will leave his position next week to pursue work in the private sector. He repeated sentiments spoken after he announced his resignation in October. Hallman said he was ?honored and pleased? with his work with the county, and he feels as if they have accomplished great things together.
Along with an advertisement for a new county attorney, the board is seeking a staff attorney and a specialized land-use lawyer.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We need bsmart to hurry up and graduate!!! Or, hmmm...maybe I could talk Mr. K into the job????

Last edited:

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
INTERIM ATTORNEYS SERVING BOARD
While the search for new staff attorneys continues, Walton County is being temporarily represented by the Destin law firm Burke, Blue, Hutchinson & Walters. Former County Attorney David Hallman resigned earlier this month, and there has been no word yet on his replacement. The county is seeking to fill two staff attorney positions and one that specializes in land use issues.

BMBWalker

Beach Lover
Nov 1, 2006
Tuesday was the final board meeting for County Attorney David Hallman. After serving the county for 18 months, Hallman will leave his position next week to pursue work in the private sector. He repeated sentiments spoken after he announced his resignation in October. Hallman said he was ?honored and pleased? with his work with the county, and he feels as if they have accomplished great things together.
Along with an advertisement for a new county attorney, the board is seeking a staff attorney and a specialized land-use lawyer.

Why doesn't someone contact attorney Mr. George Ralph Miller. I hear he's highly thought of here.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
INTERIM ATTORNEYS SERVING BOARD
While the search for new staff attorneys continues, Walton County is being temporarily represented by the Destin law firm Burke, Blue, Hutchinson & Walters. Former County Attorney David Hallman resigned earlier this month, and there has been no word yet on his replacement. The county is seeking to fill two staff attorney positions and one that specializes in land use issues.

:bang: This fits me to a T. This is my specialty. I hope there are positions when I graduate in three years.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
I passed on the info to the UGA Law School Career Center Listserv, so maybe we could at least get some GA grads in there.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
County attorney search unravels
By Gabriel Tynes

Walton County Human Resources Director Gary Mattison reported the four top candidates for the vacant county attorney position have either taken other jobs or withdrawn their candidacy. On Tuesday, the Board of County Commissioners asked County Administrator Ronnie Bell to work with the human resources department to study other options.
In January, a screening committee ruled out 20 other applicants, but after Mattison?s announcement all prior applications may be revisited. Commission Chairman Ken Pridgen suggested another option would be to retain the county?s interim legal advisor Mike Burke. As a partner in the Seagrove firm Burke, Blue, Hutchinson and Walters, Burke is also committed to private obligations.
Bell said he plans to evaluate the options based on economics, availability and access.
?We need to know is someone going to be in the office that we can sit down with face to face or if someone will be there to take a phone call when we need it,? Bell said. ?I think we have five commissioners with five different ideas on what to do next so we need to get it sorted out.?
During the BCC meeting Tuesday, district four Commissioner Sara Commander reported that the county?s two staff attorneys were constantly ?swamped,? juggling a work load that could be better managed with additional employees. Meanwhile, the county has also accepted applications for two other legal positions, but Mattison wants the new county attorney to help select those hires.
The county attorney position has been vacant since Dec. 1 when David Hallman resigned. He has since accepted the same position in Nassau County. Bell said that due to the complexity of the search, it may be another four weeks before suggestions are returned to the BCC.

bamcon

Beach Comber
Sep 5, 2005
Does anyone know if this position has been filed. I'm a commercial real estate attorney in Alabama looking to relocate and do some development/consulting work.