• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
:blush: :blush: :bang: I realize this is an unusual request for information. However, I know some members are from the Birmingham area and I really need some information.
My son lives in Auburn and plans to move to Birmingham after graduation in May for employment. We are not familiar with Birmingham. Any info about neighborhoods or trustworthy realtors would be appreciated. He is interested in a small rental house or duplex to begin with and would like to purchase a home after he decides where he would like to live.
Any info would be appreciated and can be sent to me by Private Message.
:dunno: Sorry to confuse this with beach real estate. He would also prefer the beach but the GIS jobs are not there at this time.
Thanks ahead of time for not running me off the board!! :clap_1:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
:blush: :blush: :bang: I realize this is an unusual request for information. However, I know some members are from the Birmingham area and I really need some information.
My son lives in Auburn and plans to move to Birmingham after graduation in May for employment. We are not familiar with Birmingham. Any info about neighborhoods or trustworthy realtors would be appreciated. He is interested in a small rental house or duplex to begin with and would like to purchase a home after he decides where he would like to live.
Any info would be appreciated and can be sent to me by Private Message.
:dunno: Sorry to confuse this with beach real estate. He would also prefer the beach but the GIS jobs are not there at this time.
Thanks ahead of time for not running me off the board!! :clap_1:

Let the youngster explore Craigslist.com and let him fly!

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
:clap_1: :clap_1: Thank you for your reply. I am sure he will appreciate the info. He is very resourceful but this mama worries too much!! :blush: Just wanting to make the experience better for him than it was for me too many years ago.

Last edited:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I live in Birmingham (when I'm not in SoWal;-) ) ....what do you need to know? Where will he work? What is he looking for? Does he want to rent for a few months and get the feel of our little city or is he wanting to purchase right away? Give me more details and I will be glad to help.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
Thank you for the PM Beachbummett. I responded this morning. Son is Mr. Independent and wants to do this on his own but I do plan to help with whatever he will accept. He has asked me to assist him with search for housing.

RO, Thanks for the info on Mountain Brook. Actually, we liked the community when we were traveling through. I just retired, haven't won the FLA Lottery (yet) and can't afford the $1,000,000 house.

Appreciate any information for the B'ham area.