• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
we love cape san blas, especially indian pass, and visit often. it's so relaxing because there is almost nothing to do there unless you fish or scallop, or drive up to the apalachicola for some shopping. the piggly wiggly is charming. and some good seafood too (something sowal is quite lacking). it is an ideal vacation destination for those who enjoy a real get away (I do!). take your own food and plenty of reading material! and take your dogs - they love the wide open beaches and you have them all to yourself.
NumberOne thing to do in Cape San Blas = ramming. :rotfl:

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
sheep. surprised nobody else ever brought this up and that there should be such an outrage about your post.

that's same question we got from many visiting friends who we took around to shop for homes. because they're from the city (nyc, natch! & london visitors too! looking for second homes and future retirement-trying to get them away from south florida..ewwwwww), they were hoping for natural beauty and were willing to put up with the remoteness for a bit of space and nature. as far as the "seaside/watercolor/alys beach" developments, they didn't get it at all. of course they raved about the beach though! just felt like it was a better place to visit from time to time than invest in. lots of folks actually buying country homes instead. personally, i couldn't handle that weather!

we bought here and we love it, but we did buy a house that has a modicom of space between neighbors. frankly, i don't need a yard, but the hubby is funny about it.

i'm not offended by differing opinions or public wondering about stuff. i don't think you have an agenda or were trying to pick a fight at all! dunno why other people would think so negatively!

wish others would think better of folks and enjoy differing opinions :) they're not dangerous you know :)

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
p.s. even in the city they had the sense to preserve 843 acres for public space-in the center of the island. it's called central park and it's 6% of the total land mass of manhattan.

oh- and golf courses and military land are not "public spaces"

more houses is not what makes housing valuable. quality of life, infrastructure and public spaces do. it's a good deal for the developers too. less investment- higher return - more tax breaks. but that's for folks who like to do less work and make a profit :)

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
I like it, I :love: it. Different takes on what's happenin' in Sowal. :clap_1: Tootsie, I :love: your little dino 'tar. Too precious! Also, your vacation idea above sounds sooo relaxing. I didn't quote it so it could stay more secret? ;-) Does anybody ever go to the springs? Like Morrison and Ponce de Leon Park? :D Wouldn't it be the bomb diggity to have a piece of land in the country with a little spring on it? :love: Well, yes it would... :cool:

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
sheep. surprised nobody else ever brought this up and that there should be such an outrage about your post.

that's same question we got from many visiting friends who we took around to shop for homes. because they're from the city (nyc, natch! & london visitors too! looking for second homes and future retirement-trying to get them away from south florida..ewwwwww), they were hoping for natural beauty and were willing to put up with the remoteness for a bit of space and nature. as far as the "seaside/watercolor/alys beach" developments, they didn't get it at all. of course they raved about the beach though! just felt like it was a better place to visit from time to time than invest in. lots of folks actually buying country homes instead. personally, i couldn't handle that weather!

I'm with you, Babe, kool is 2 kold foor me.

we bought here and we love it, but we did buy a house that has a modicom of space between neighbors. frankly, i don't need a yard, but the hubby is funny about it.

i'm not offended by differing opinions or public wondering about stuff. i don't think you have an agenda or were trying to pick a fight at all! dunno why other people would think so negatively!

wish others would think better of folks and enjoy differing opinions :) they're not dangerous you know :)

My ewe got shot at, OK, not shot like a gun, OK, not a gun, OK like in a dirty look, OK, this 9 yo glanced at her. :dunno: