• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seababe

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2007
"I do not touch one thing in my loaded down van until I walk to the edge of the dune at the Villas and look out at the ocean for the first time."

In 21 days I'll be doing JUST that. The first time I came to SoWal was 22 years ago. We stayed for a week and when time came to leave I cried!!!

I have always been drawn to the ocean but never lived close enough to it to get to it. Galveston does NOT count it's a big dirty lake and I don't go there anymore much. I have dreamed about the ocean and my previous vacation all of these years.

Can't wait to get there!!! It's a very special place.

kingfishn

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2005
Blue Mountain Beach
www.myspace.com
Yes the OCEAN of Mexico is really special...and I like Gulf Michigan, Erie..you know...all the GREAT GULFS....and that Pacific Lake...wow....~smarta** moi~..

See ya on the beach...................and at the Red Barn...
NK

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I can't put it better then most of the posts, but I can say it is a place of healing. I came in 1989 for three weeks to heal from a very tragic death of my fiance. I stayed. Months of sitting on the beach in Grayton sifting sand through my fingers and walking at the water's edge, nightly dips in the phosphorus blue/green water brought me closer to my beloved.....and the comfort that he was always with me.

There was a lot of mixing my salty tears with the salty gulf waters, and nights I would drive my jeep to the beach at 2:00 in the morning as far as I could drive it, get out and just scream into the balmy air....but most of all I found family here!

There's no place like SoWal.

I can completely relate to this, ItsKatzTime. I came to SoWal shortly after my mom died in 2003 because I knew I needed a place to build some new traditions that would help me move forward rather than stay in the past. (It must have been so difficult for you to lose someone so young.) Supermom and I lived in the same town in Michigan at the time and she told me about SoWal and how much she and her family loved the area. I booked a flight and stayed in SoWal for the weekend and looked around with a wonderful realtor recommended by Supermom because Supermom wasn't living in SoWal at the time (I don't know if the realtor is on this board), and we bought the cottage during my first weekend visiting the area. I looked at Destin and up and down 30A (about 20 places) and kept coming back to the same cottage. The cottage and community felt like home the minute I walked into the place. At the time, I spent a lot of time just gazing at the ocean and letting Mother Nature take care of me. SoWal was definitely my healing place, a hopeful place, and a place of new beginnings and traditions (so many new traditions in only a few years -- and the SoWal.com community has been the center of many of them (can't wait for the soiree). SoWal has become so much a part of our lives as a family and it is now part of the kids past, present, and future! :love:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'd tell you what makes it so special, but I'd have to kill you. Rather, I will keep it on the down low and hope that all of the Spring Breakers remain on the beach.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
As far as I am concerned...this has been the best place I have ever lived. Not because of the beautiful surroundings (they are a plus) but because of the beautiful friends I have made....(most b/c of SoWal I might add):love:

Seababe

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2007
"Yes the OCEAN of Mexico is really special...and I like Gulf Michigan, Erie..you know...all the GREAT GULFS....and that Pacific Lake...wow....~smarta** moi~..

NK"

??? was this a slam of some kind? Don't treat me like an idiot I am far from it.......seems there too many "smart" people here for my taste <eye roll> It's ok....I'm leavin anyway.

Bye,

Karen

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
"Yes the OCEAN of Mexico is really special...and I like Gulf Michigan, Erie..you know...all the GREAT GULFS....and that Pacific Lake...wow....~smarta** moi~..

NK"

??? was this a slam of some kind? Don't treat me like an idiot I am far from it.......seems there too many "smart" people here for my taste <eye roll> It's ok....I'm leavin anyway.

Bye,

Karen

"Geeeez have you ever relaxed and had fun? Life is hard enough without a sense of humor. You should try it sometime. Don't take message boards so seriously, they are just message boards! No need to have a stroke over a political debate or discussion"

I believe you wrote this on another thread?:dunno: A little sensitive over one person's kidding around remark. Don't take message boards so seriously, Seababe.

And you can delete your info by going into user control panel.

Happy Easter to you!

Seababe

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2007
I don't take message boards all that seriously that's why I am leaving. Very "clicky" here and that's ok seems there are nice enough people but not my cup of tea. Life is too short to argue and demean on the internet. Thanks for the info can't find my glasses (need my glasses to find my glasses kind of thing....old age sucks lol).

Bye,

Karen

Last edited: