• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
update, from WMBB News Ch 13 Panama City

Man Believed Beaten in Freeport

Monday, April 09, 2007 - 03:32 PM

"Freeport, Fla - BankTrust employees found blood at the entrance door of their Freeport bank at 8:00 Monday morning, then called authorities. Next door, at around 9:30, neighbors found a man unconscious and bleeding under a canopy of a fruit stand. Now Walton County sheriff officials believe the man may have been attacked. Officials say they lifeflighted the unidentified man to Sacred Heart hospital where it's unclear whether the man will survive from his wounds. Caprice Caliendo and Billy Martin say they discovered the wounded man under the canopy when they walked near the fruit stand. "He was shaking like a leaf," says Martin, of the unconsious man. "He had blood all over his hands and he was shaking like, you know, he was having a siezure," added Caliendo.
The witnesses say the man appeared to be in his 50's, and they found him stripped down to his underwear. Authorities say they they are still investigating what happened to the man, and are not releasing his name until next of kin are notified."

Old man Cotton is no longer in his 50's, so if the story is accurate, it isn't him.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
What's a boiled peanut? :dunno: why boil them?

This really upsets me. Why would someone beat a person senseless at a fruit stand old or young? How sad. :sosad:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Yes!!! That is what I was going to say. They are so good!

I hope this poor man is ok. Good grief, there are some mean A$$ people in this world!!!!

the old coot deserved it...he tried to take the last crate of tomatoes from me....i had to let him have it...:evil:

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
update, from WMBB News Ch 13 Panama City

Man Believed Beaten in Freeport

Monday, April 09, 2007 - 03:32 PM

"Freeport, Fla - BankTrust employees found blood at the entrance door of their Freeport bank at 8:00 Monday morning, then called authorities. Next door, at around 9:30, neighbors found a man unconscious and bleeding under a canopy of a fruit stand. Now Walton County sheriff officials believe the man may have been attacked. Officials say they lifeflighted the unidentified man to Sacred Heart hospital where it's unclear whether the man will survive from his wounds. Caprice Caliendo and Billy Martin say they discovered the wounded man under the canopy when they walked near the fruit stand. "He was shaking like a leaf," says Martin, of the unconsious man. "He had blood all over his hands and he was shaking like, you know, he was having a siezure," added Caliendo.
The witnesses say the man appeared to be in his 50's, and they found him stripped down to his underwear. Authorities say they they are still investigating what happened to the man, and are not releasing his name until next of kin are notified."

Old man Cotton is no longer in his 50's, so if the story is accurate, it isn't him.

that is the most tragic story i've ever heard :sosad: are there any updates? is there anything we can do for him as a community? his sense of safety and security must be demolished :sosad: bless him :sosad:

in nyc recently there were two instances of old ladies robbed and beaten and they've established a reward fund and started some watches for buildings where the elderly live. maybe we should consider something similar.

even if we can't ensure their safety, we can ensure them we care.

mack truck

Beach Crab
Dec 16, 2007
carl cotton is fine I live in mass. and i am his and the late Marti Cotton's grandson.My "paw paw", as we call him. is happily in semi retirement,fishing a little more than working.Best boiled peanuts in the world. I really enjoy spending time down at black creek with my relatives and cant wait to go back down to freeport and slow down and enjoy life.