• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Are you kidding me???? What you did was awesome!!!! I could not have done that to save my life and you did it wonderfully!! SGB wrote up a proposal that could win anyone over and supermom is the constant cheerleader and organizer. All I did was a poster:blush: You were all grayt and did SoWal proud!:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: and OM- always there to do anything and do it well with 3 smiling faces beside her. I'm just graytful to call you friends:love:

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I'm still in shock about the pool comments! I cannot wait to see how this all develops. It feels like we need to plant our flag with Beachmoms painting on it to declare our space. I know I'm tired but that image of all of us trying to plant a flag, like on the moon brings a smile to my face! I know I am sick, feel it coming on, sore throat, sore eyes.
Good job Ladies and good night!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
One more:

is that jenny doing the talking??? :clap_1:
did ya'll hoot and holler?

http://
IMG_1556Small.jpg

Grayt job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! This could be really cool:cool: ]

Beachmom - this picture is really great!! :love:

thanks for the update and pix!!! i'm so proud of you all!

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
this is such awesome news! civic involvement is really the only way to get this kind of thing done here :) i've not heard of any local officials or government, except cindy meadows, supporting interest in public spaces or infrastructure.

in nyc, though we had several playgrounds and a 600 prospect park, we were really lacking something convenient for families that offered a good pedestrian/jogging walk and good recreation services, so they decided to turn more riverside property into greenspace. anyway, i volunteered with them and they had such great ideas, i thought i'd share! here's a great link to the proprosal they drew up.

http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/download.cfm?DownloadFile=30DD9D19-D9F9-738D-510B900E5D478A76

congrats on your victory and many more!:clap_1:

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
SGB put together a wonderful proposal outlining our "wish list"- maybe she will post it! She really pulled this together so well!

And thanks for the links, mf. We are very early in the planning stages for how this park will look, so I am very interested to see what other groups did with design.

Of course, I think there should be HUGE mural space somewhere with Beachmom's art.

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Okay, I've had my 1st cup of coffee this morning, so I can post....

I am so dang proud to even be able to be a little part of this group. Just being the crazy woman toting 3 kiddies around to show support is funn! Everyone did such a grayt job!:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

I will be here this whole summer, as our plans won't take us away from here, so PLEASE add me to the planning group!:roll:

After it's all said and done, won't it be incredible to sit at the playpark and think about how the process of just a few people who said, "We want this!" could get the whole ball rolling and see it done?:D

Again, I am just proud to call y'all my friends. :love:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
I can't wait to for us to get started planning out the park - it's exciting to see things moving forward. Jdarg did a great job representing us. All the rest of us were shaking in our shoes at the thought of speaking at the meeting! Thank you jdarg! Having all the kids there lending their support meant a lot.

Before too long we're going to need a contact/information place to point people to if they want to lend a hand or get information. Right now we have this thread, but I think we need a "missionplaypark.com" web site and email address. Anyone know a good web designer? We already have some gryt artwork for our web site!

I tried to attach the current version of our playpark specification but it was too big. Is there somewhere else I can deposit a Word document? Keep in mind it's an evolving document that will improve and change over time. Any input you want to give is gladly accepted!

Last edited:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Godaddy.com is a grayt place to register domains. You can also build a site from there, if you want. We've used them a number of times and they are wonderful. If you want a basic one from templates with hosting, yahoo.com has a lot available.

I have VERY basic website building experience, for just a basic "here's the info" kind of setup. I can help in any way possible.

In getting to this point, are we going to need a checking account to keep up with expenses like this? We can't just expect 1 person to take responsibility of it all.

I would have needed JDarg's margarita BEFORE the meeting to get up there and talk. At least for the first couple of paragraphs....:rotfl: