• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jules33

Beach Comber
Apr 10, 2007
alabama
Would you choose Watersound over Watercolor....if so why? I am dying to buy in Watercolor but don't know if it is worth all the $$$.

RB

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
The Wild Heron golf course, Sharks Tooth, was just ranked #7 in the entire state of Florida by Golf Digest magazine. Wild Heron is secluded but the property is incredibly beautiful and many of the lots are large. If golf is your thing then this should be seriously considered. The golf course is outstanding and the community will fill in over time. I think it comes down to would you rather live on the beach and drive to golf or live on the golf course and drive to the beach.

casey

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
RB ... you make a good point about golf and driving to the beach. I am not a golfer (disabled) and "golf community" in not a priority for me. Thanks for the info.

Jules ... I am nowhere even close to being an expert on Watersound vs. Watercolor. But, it seems to me that the prices are lower in WaterSound Beach West. And since the community is "younger" ... its seems to me that in WBW you have the opportunity to ride the appreciation (increase in property value) of future building? I will be curious as to what the "real experts" have to say though ...

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Very true, but they won't let you just drive through. Most Realtors don't want to jump through all of the hoops to show properties in Wild Heron -- something to remember about resale. However, if you are looking for seclusion, it might be your choice.

Actually, since the sales office has ben sold there is no problem driving through. The guard ask where you are going but other than that no problem. It is a beautiful development, but would I buy in there, probably not because of the location, north of 98 and there are other developments for the comparable money that is closer to the beach. Yes I am a drive to the golf course not vice versus. Just my opinion.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Would you choose Watersound over Watercolor....if so why? I am dying to buy in Watercolor but don't know if it is worth all the $$$.

jules are you referring to the house/lot prices? There are great buys in Watercolor at this time. PM me and I will send you the best deals in WC.

RB ... you make a good point about golf and driving to the beach. I am not a golfer (disabled) and "golf community" in not a priority for me. Thanks for the info.

I would not consider Wild heron if you are not a golfer.

Jules ... I am nowhere even close to being an expert on Watersound vs. Watercolor. But, it seems to me that the prices are lower in WaterSound Beach West. And since the community is "younger" ... its seems to me that in WBW you have the opportunity to ride the appreciation (increase in property value) of future building? I will be curious as to what the "real experts" have to say though ...

The lot on the market in WSW is $200,000, sounds like a great price but the lot size is 75x36, what would you build on a lot that size? There are no sales in Nature Walk because they are reserved to buiders only and the developer has not made them close on the lots, probably because of the issues with the beach club. WSW is south of 30-A, WC is mostly north of 30-A but still closer to the beach than WSW if my figures are correct. When the market was at the lowest last year there were people still buying in Watercolor. Ok I would have to say Watecolor is my top choice. Take it away SJ.....:D

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Just out of curiosity - it seems that many people that are thinking of buying in the area are focused on the bigger developments instead of a home off of 30A in a regular subdivision or street. Why is this? Do most people like and/or use the amenities of the bigger developments? I admit that I prefer having a house that isn't in a big development, but am trying to understand what buyers are looking for. At my house in Old Seagrove, I can still have a pool in the backyard, the beach is mere steps away, one of the developments that has shops/restaurants is within easy walking distance, so I figure, why pay the HOA fee? I'd love to hear your thoughts, pro and con.

If I were interested in buying in a big development and were going to rent out the house or live in it full time, I would buy in Watercolor. As others have said, Wild Heron is beautiful, but unless you golf, I don't know if it's worth living in Bay County. I don't know much about Watersound West.

casey

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2007
I can only speak for me, but my attraction to a "larger development" is for the following reasons:
- Greater variety of ammenities (zero entry pool is great since I walk on crutches)
- Often are "easy access" to restaurants and shops
- Community maintained common areas ... less work for me
- Often the communities are gated
- Covenants protect property values (IMO)

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005