• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
Has anyone heard how the most recent release of lots went in Watercolor? I saw a post on the Watercolor website last week about a lot release and now the message is gone from the website. Did they call the release off or was it a success?

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
There was also an initial release of a few lots from Watersound "West Beach" a few weeks back. I wondered how that went. Nothing on the St. Joe website.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
We own in WaterColor and when we received the price list for the LOTS on 30-A beside the sales office listed for $1.5 million, we laughed and threw it in the trash!!!! But, I guess someone might buy them?!

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
Tenn.Guy said:
Has anyone heard how the most recent release of lots went in Watercolor? I saw a post on the Watercolor website last week about a lot release and now the message is gone from the website. Did they call the release off or was it a success?

I also remembered that I got an email from one of the Arvida sales reps saying the release was set for August 24. Never heard another word. Much different than previous releases by Arvida.

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
I was just looking through the Wall Street Journal and saw the first advertisement for Watercolor in several years. For the last two years, people have been waiting in line to buy houses and lots. So, there has been no need to advertise. The fact that they are advertising in the Wall Street indicates to me that things have come to a grinding halt. I bet that they did not sell all the lots in the last release--can anyone confirm?

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Tenn.Guy said:
I was just looking through the Wall Street Journal and saw the first advertisement for Watercolor in several years. For the last two years, people have been waiting in line to buy houses and lots. So, there has been no need to advertise. The fact that they are advertising in the Wall Street indicates to me that things have come to a grinding halt. I bet that they did not sell all the lots in the last release--can anyone confirm?

I will call them and find out.

pat3797

Beach Comber
Apr 22, 2005
If you look at St Joe's stock movement, it seems the market may already know how it went.

Just an observation.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
I am in the WaterColor database as some of you are so I called and spoke to one of the folks in sales. According to the guy I spoke to (forgot his name), the "Final Release of Phase I Lots" is just 4 lots to the west of the sales office close to or on the north side of 30-A. He said that these were released in parallel to a larger number of lots in Phase III and Phase IV.

He was very nice and not playing the salesman speel at all. When I asked him how things were going he was honest and said that it was "very slow" in the last few weeks....due to the Katrina disaster....but I (he) thinks there are deals to be had in WC and WS and that if you buy now....in 3-5 years you will be very happy that you did...". He also said that there were some resales in WC that were considerably below the Joe listed lots and that those were people "knee jerking" and just trying to dump the lots now.

When I asked him about the pricing on the Phase I lots, he said he would send me the price listings via email in a few minutes (that was 3 hrs ago) and I have not seen anything, yet. Hotmail is slow even when people send stuff immediately (what do you want from free mail). When I asked about WaterSound, he said things were moving along at a brisk pace on the amenities (pool, gulf side clubhouse etc) and that final approvals on building on "several" houses are being completed and we should see a couple dozen rooftops go up in the next 6 months.

Joe's website shows a price point for lots in Phase IV at $600k. With the Phase IV quite a ways north of 30-A and the Phase I lots "on" 30-A, the Phase I lots are certainly going to be quite a bit north of $600k. Not sure if that is a starting price and the sand and other aspects of the lot are extra :D but here is the info from their website:

Dear Friends of the WaterColor Community,

The final release of JOE home sites in 2005 is planned for Wednesday, August 24. For you, our valued customers, we would like to share these opportunities with you now:

Last opportunity for Phase I home sites located on Scenic Highway 30A in Town Center. Phase I of WaterColor includes the WaterColor Market, shops and BeachClub.

Last opportunity of lakefront and lake view home sites in Phase III of WaterColor. Phase III is located north of the Western Lake bridge, across from the BaitHouse Restaurant, pool and BoatHouse.

Phase IV WaterColor home sites starting below $600,000. Phase IV includes WaterColor Crossings retail center.

Should you be interested in receiving additional information on this release, please respond by email to info.watercolor@joe.com , or contact your WaterColor Sales Associate toll free at 877.459.4537 or 850.231.6500. We look forward to further discussing this much anticipated final 2005 release.

With Best Regards,

Tom Dodson
Vice President Sales, West Florida

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
wetwilly said:
I am in the WaterColor database as some of you are so I called and spoke to one of the folks in sales. According to the guy I spoke to (forgot his name), the "Final Release of Phase I Lots" is just 4 lots to the west of the sales office close to or on the north side of 30-A. He said that these were released in parallel to a larger number of lots in Phase III and Phase IV.

He was very nice and not playing the salesman speel at all. When I asked him how things were going he was honest and said that it was "very slow" in the last few weeks....due to the Katrina disaster....but I (he) thinks there are deals to be had in WC and WS and that if you buy now....in 3-5 years you will be very happy that you did...". He also said that there were some resales in WC that were considerably below the Joe listed lots and that those were people "knee jerking" and just trying to dump the lots now.

When I asked him about the pricing on the Phase I lots, he said he would send me the price listings via email in a few minutes (that was 3 hrs ago) and I have not seen anything, yet. Hotmail is slow even when people send stuff immediately (what do you want from free mail). When I asked about WaterSound, he said things were moving along at a brisk pace on the amenities (pool, gulf side clubhouse etc) and that final approvals on building on "several" houses are being completed and we should see a couple dozen rooftops go up in the next 6 months.

Joe's website shows a price point for lots in Phase IV at $600k. With the Phase IV quite a ways north of 30-A and the Phase I lots "on" 30-A, the Phase I lots are certainly going to be quite a bit north of $600k. Not sure if that is a starting price and the sand and other aspects of the lot are extra :D but here is the info from their website:

Dear Friends of the WaterColor Community,

The final release of JOE home sites in 2005 is planned for Wednesday, August 24. For you, our valued customers, we would like to share these opportunities with you now:

Last opportunity for Phase I home sites located on Scenic Highway 30A in Town Center. Phase I of WaterColor includes the WaterColor Market, shops and BeachClub.

Last opportunity of lakefront and lake view home sites in Phase III of WaterColor. Phase III is located north of the Western Lake bridge, across from the BaitHouse Restaurant, pool and BoatHouse.

Phase IV WaterColor home sites starting below $600,000. Phase IV includes WaterColor Crossings retail center.

Should you be interested in receiving additional information on this release, please respond by email to info.watercolor@joe.com , or contact your WaterColor Sales Associate toll free at 877.459.4537 or 850.231.6500. We look forward to further discussing this much anticipated final 2005 release.

With Best Regards,

Tom Dodson
Vice President Sales, West Florida

Thanks for the info. As I suspected, things did not go well with the most recent releases and everyone is focused on a comeback in the near future. The few resale lots for sale near 30A in Phase I are definitely higher than Phase IV. They range in price from about $1.9 million to $2.6 million and most have been on the market for quite some time.