• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:rotfl: I think Miss Kitty should crash Camp Watercolor.:clap_1: Those kids would never want to leave!

Last edited:

SablePoint

Beach Comber
The following is direct from my April 10th WaterColor Towntalk Newsletter:

Kid?s Camp Program

Due to the growing demands on the community, many of our amenities have had to limit services to only Homeowners and St. Joe Rental guests. One of those amenities is our Kid?s Camp program operated by St. Joe Towns & Resorts. Guests of homeowners not on the rental program can no longer register their children in the program. We want to remind you that although registration is limited, your guests are still welcome to access and use the Camp WaterColor pool as well as its other amenities. Thank you for your understanding. Should you have any questions please contact Recreation Services at 850.534.5975.

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
The camp watercolor situation was brought up at the neigborhood rep meeting this past Sat. We believe JOE is doing this because a growing number of WC homeowners are going to outside rental agencies with their homes.
It did not sit well with the reps and the last chapter on this has not been written.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
I think this is just indicative of one more thing that is needed in Sowal - we need more kids's programs, summer programs in particular! SPICE and the Boy's and Girl's club are decent programs - but not for kid's older than 8 or 9 IMO. There is an opportunity here, folks, for someone looking to open a biz in Sowal!

Buckhead Rick

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
ChickPea. I am trying to find out for a renter of mine about Seaside Kids camp, but have not gotten my calls answered. Do you know another contact at Seaside we could call.
Thanks.

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
call the front desk at 231-2222 they should have that info as well for seaside. I know that in the past alot of renters in WC have went ahead and booked at Seaside just because they have a better program with more kids overall, despite a less local considering all the money that WC put into that area? I will bet it will change in the future. Watersound came down on their price to join the beach club due to pressure from the Homeowners.

alongfortheride

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2005
Rosemary Beach is having a kids camp this summer. It is using the Montessouri school. They had a low key camp last year as well. It's open to anyone. I think it is starting in June. I guess you can call the school for more details.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
The Rep's Camp Showtime will be partnering with Camp WaterColor this year and will be OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!

Here are the details:

What is Camp Showtime?

Camp Showtime is unique and exciting opportunity for kids to learn about the magic of live theatre. Hosted by the Camp Watercolor, and conducted by the Seaside Repertory Theatre, Northwest Florida?s premier professional theatre company, Camp Showtime will focus on the process of producing live theatre, emphasizing important lessons in performance skills, team-building, storytelling, and self-esteem building. The four-day camp will culminate in an hour-long original production, written by and starring the camp attendees. Each camper will receive a T-shirt commemorating their camp experience, as well as a DVD of their performance.

Who can participate?
Camp Showtime is open to the public for all kids ages 6-12

When is Camp Showtime?
Camp Showtime runs from 9-12 AM on the following weeks this summer. The Performance will take place at Cerulean?s in Downtown Watercolor at 4pm on each Friday of the camp.

o June 5-8 & 12-15;
o July 10-13, 17-20
o July 31- Aug 3, Aug 7-10

Who are the Counselors?
The Camp is fortunate to have local teacher and actor David Hopkins, who holds an MFA in Acting from the University of Florida and is a veteran of soap operas and television while working as an actor in New York. Since 2002, David has been on the Rep stage in several productions, including this summer?s The Underpants. For the past two years, David has been a teacher at Rosemary Beach?s Montessori School. He is the father of a 3-year old son Doc. Assisting David will be Rep company member Amber Goodwin. Amber holds a B.A. in theatre from Southern Arkansas University, and will be performing in the Rep?s summer production of the Beauty and the Beast.

Seaside Rep Theatre

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2006
The Rep will also offer a teen "acting for the camera" workshop, also OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Details below...

Teen Acting for the Camera Workshop

Workshop Description
Teen Acting for the Camera is a three-day workshop for teens with a professional actor that will teach the fundamentals and techniques of acting for film and television. Participants will learn the basics of film and television production, such as the difference among close-ups, over-the-shoulder, medium and long shots, as well as techniques for ?hitting marks? and staying in frame. Participants will receive a 30-second simulated ?screen-test? that could be used to start a professional-style reel to be used for commercial, television, and film auditions. The basics of auditioning for the camera will also be covered.

Who can participate?
Teen Acting for the Camera is open to the public for teens aged 13-17

When are the workshops?
Teen Acting for the Camera runs from 2-4 PM on the following weeks this summer.
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]June 12-15, 19-22, & 26-29
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]July 10-13, 17-20, & 24-27

Workshop Instructor?
The Workshop is fortunate to have local teacher and actor David Hopkins, who holds an MFA in Acting from the University of Florida and is a veteran of soap operas and television while working as an actor in New York. Since 2002, David has been on the Rep stage in several productions, including this summer?s The Underpants. For the past two years, David has been a teacher at Rosemary Beach?s Montessori School.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The Rep will also offer a teen "acting for the camera" workshop, also OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Details below...

Teen Acting for the Camera Workshop

Workshop Description
Teen Acting for the Camera is a three-day workshop for teens with a professional actor that will teach the fundamentals and techniques of acting for film and television. Participants will learn the basics of film and television production, such as the difference among close-ups, over-the-shoulder, medium and long shots, as well as techniques for ?hitting marks? and staying in frame. Participants will receive a 30-second simulated ?screen-test? that could be used to start a professional-style reel to be used for commercial, television, and film auditions. The basics of auditioning for the camera will also be covered.

Who can participate?
Teen Acting for the Camera is open to the public for teens aged 13-17

When are the workshops?
Teen Acting for the Camera runs from 2-4 PM on the following weeks this summer.
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]June 12-15, 19-22, & 26-29
[FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]July 10-13, 17-20, & 24-27

Workshop Instructor?
The Workshop is fortunate to have local teacher and actor David Hopkins, who holds an MFA in Acting from the University of Florida and is a veteran of soap operas and television while working as an actor in New York. Since 2002, David has been on the Rep stage in several productions, including this summer?s The Underpants. For the past two years, David has been a teacher at Rosemary Beach?s Montessori School.

:clap_1: :clap_1: I can't wait to tell Will! We are hoping that he waits to make the sequel to his first blockbuster :)roll: ) until AFTER this camp!:lol: