• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
Western Kentucky. We do have beautiful Kentucky Lake, but it's not the ocean. Have been vacationing in the Panhandle for 25 years. I will never forget the first time we ventured off Hwy 98 and went down 30A. Went through Seaside and came upon Blue Mt. Beach. Heaven, pure heaven on earth. You all are so lucky. INVU

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
I was born in California, but raised in Southeastern Missouri, where we live now. My whole family is from this area, beautiful lakes and rivers. My hubby's family is from a small town between Jefferson City, Mo. and Columbia Mo.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
alic65 said:
I was born in California, but raised in Southeastern Missouri, where we live now. My whole family is from this area, beautiful lakes and rivers. My hubby's family is from a small town between Jefferson City, Mo. and Columbia Mo.

Did I tell you my son is in Columbia....soph at MIZZOU!!!

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
I was born in Texas (Liberty and Beaumont), lived there for 8 years, then moved to Louisiana (Lafayette and Alexandria), then on to Montgomery, AL and finally rested in Chattanooga. (No, my dad was not in the service -- he worked for Amoco Oil in the butane/wholesale division).

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
We are from Missouri, we graduated from MU as did our children. We bought one tiny condo in Seagrove many years ago and one larger about five years ago for all those grandchildren! Seagrove is where our hearts always are even though we are only there in June, October (dreaded month) and December/January!

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Born in D.C., moved to Florida at 6 months. Parents born and raised in the District after families moved from Virginia farmlands during Depression. Wife born in Chattanooga, parents born/raised in Atlanta. First saw 30A[1998] thought "lived in FL. all my life and never knew the best beaches were here". Wife/myself dislike Orlando and will soon move north to go South. Own dirt in SoWal, may build, but, like SJ said, the area lacks a central community feel.

Hollibird

Beach Lover
Born and raised in Baltimore, MD. Moved to St Pete about 6 years ago. Loved Tierra Verde as a neighborhood, but as soon as you get into south St.Pete...keep your doors locked. Grayton bound, the schools are horrific, at least they were when I lived there for 2 years. some South St. Pete kids made it hard for the rest of the school...girls attacked in the bathrooms, shoes being stolen, etc. The main reason we moved away was because of the schools. we love it here in Destin. great schools, and even prettier than St. Pete.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Bob said:
Born in D.C., moved to Florida at 6 months. Parents born and raised in the District after families moved from Virginia farmlands during Depression. Wife born in Chattanooga, parents born/raised in Atlanta. First saw 30A[1998] thought "lived in FL. all my life and never knew the best beaches were here". Wife/myself dislike Orlando and will soon move north to go South. Own dirt in SoWal, may build, but, like SJ said, the area lacks a central community feel.

Not to break up these posts--I'm liking that everyone is straight and to the point. If y'all notice, this thread was started November 2004. SJ made his comments about "no community feel" almost a year ago. I'd venture to guess that he feels a little bit better about things now. In fact, a think that there was a thread recently about the fact that "the community" was starting to form. One problem is that most all locals here have been here for less than five years. It took me awhile to realize that I wasn't an "outsider" because everyone was new and everyone felt like and outsider.

I think the community feel of SoWal has increased as the real estate frenzy has dissapated.

Bob, we'd love to have you around here full-time.

Now back to hearing where everyone is from . . .

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I was born and grew up in Grand Rapids, MI, then went to school at times in Albion, MI (Io Triumphe!) Washington, DC, and Ann Arbor. Got married and we spent a couple of thoroughly miserable years in Martin, TN, then Mr. Mouse got a job offer that would get us the heck out of Tennessee, which turned out to be here. We've now been here since 1998, first living down on Okaloosa Island (two bedrooms a block from the public access and a slight ocean view for $615/month) and then we bought in Bluewater in 2001.

Seems like every day I have a moment where I feel really lucky I get to live here.

Status
Not open for further replies.