• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
On another thread, people are saying that spraying white vinegar on you is much more effective than bug spray, though you have to reapply it frequenty. I tried bug spray when I was there a few weeks ago and it didn't work. But next fall I'll definitely try the white vinegar if we're there during the fly season.

karen

Beach Comber
May 12, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
Hi Karen,

We did get over to the beach this a.m. took pictures......Can't upload due to leaving what we needed for the mini-mac at home. Beach looks good. None for the black peat exposed on our end of the beach. Our dunes are chewed up again. No sea oats left. But, the new access looks good. More sturdy construction than the previous stairs. If we can get the picyures uploaded later I will pm you.

The flies are really bad as per previous post on the board. But all in all a great day in So Wal! The water is beautiful!

THANK YOU! I certainly appreciate you and your husbands efforts in helping to ease some renter fears...as well as our own! We can't make it down until mid-October but now I don't have to worry for another whole month. We own HAPPY HOUR and were one of the very first homes there. I would love it if you stopped by sometime and introduced yourselves. Could probably find a cocktail or two to share with you...thank you again...very much!! Karen

Sheila

SoWal Insider
karen said:
THANK YOU! I certainly appreciate you and your husbands efforts in helping to ease some renter fears...as well as our own! We can't make it down until mid-October but now I don't have to worry for another whole month. We own HAPPY HOUR and were one of thevery first homes there. I would love it if you stopped by sometime and introduced yourselves. Could probably find a cocktail or two to share with you...thank you again...very much!! Karen

We are going to be here for the month of October. We will make sure to stop by to say hello! We own Johnny's Hide-Away. We are right outside the gate to the pool. We have been here since Sept. 2001. I pass your house all the time when we walk our schnauzers.

See you soon!