• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Behind the Tom Thumb in Seagrove, a new fire has just broken out!!! Two Fire trucks are on the scene and one more just arrived, and smoke is everywhere!!! Three smaller fires broke out around the larger one.

Last edited:

lsutigs

Beach Comber
May 1, 2007
Re: New Fire in SoWal -- Sommerset Beach - Seagrove

Terrific, this is on the road where my condo is. I hope is contained, keep us updated.

Behind the Tom Thumb in Seagrove, a new fire has just broken out!!! Two Fire trucks are on the scene and one more just arrived, and smoke is everywhere!!! Three smaller fires broke out around the larger one.
Is it bad enough down there that we should drive down and be prepared to protect our home? That's about 1/2 mile from us!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

SJ, do you know EXACTLY where this fire is? Is it behind Seagrove Highlands?

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Man, this is bad. What worries me is fires will start breaking out everywhere all at once and they won't have the manpower to fight all of them.

Hopefully the one mentioned above by SJ has already been extinguished, as it sounds like the FD got there pretty quick.

Again, folks, PLEASE be careful with those cigarettes. :bang:

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound

Just got off the phone with the phone number listed in another thread. She stated that the fire was on SOMMERSET BRIDGE ROAD BEHIND TOM THUMB, 12 homes evacuated and that's all she can tell me at this time.

will post when i call again.

Last edited:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

I heard and this is NOT confirmed that it is a house fire at the Bunaglows at Seagrove. Possibly more than one structure is on fire.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

Five separate sets of sirens just went down 331 toward 98. :sosad:

Last edited:

lsutigs

Beach Comber
May 1, 2007

That is not good. I am staying at Seagrove Highlands. Let us know when it is contained or if I need to leave work to get my little dog out of the condo.