• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
:welcome: MrChevious!!

So sorry to hear about the fires. It is sad to hear. Glad no one was injured and thank goodness the firefighters were able to contain the SoWal fire and PCB fires. Although I visit as often as possible and don't own, I have been a visitor for over 50 years and love that area more than any other in the US. Most beautiful place on earth and like paradise to me.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Just sitting here and all of a sudden there are sirens and flashing lights at FOOW. :dunno:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
They are not about to life the red flag warning right now. These fires are suspecious at this point. They are just breaking out to frequently and in odd places.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
These fires are suspecious at this point. They are just breaking out to frequently and in odd places.
:dunno: I don't understand what you are suggesting. Zero humidity, no rain in a long time, and you think the fires are suspicious and in odd places. ??? :dunno: To me, an odd place for a fire under such conditions would be in the middle of a pond.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The WaltonSun is slightly incorrect in their report. They note, "The three homes destroyed were unoccupied rental units at the Bungalows behind the Tom Thumb in Seagrove."

Actually, three houses were destroyed, but only two were in the Bungalows at Seagrove Beach S/D, and the other home is located in Somerset Bridge at Seagrove S/D. Also, one of the houses was not a rental unit. Speaking with a SW Fireman earlier today, he said that one of the Bungalows which was destroyed, a lady had just moved out of it last week. Talk about good luck of timing on that one. I know she is very thankful, if she knows about the fire damage.

NW Daily News highlights, "suspicious nature," but I'm sure all fires are suspicious until after the investigation determines the cause of the fire. Perhaps they think that since the house, where they believe the fire started (332 Somerset bridge road), was listed for sale, the owner might have been able to cash out in a slow market. Word on the street is that it wasn't the owner who was working at the house and called 911 when the fire started. The listing, now withdrawn as of today, had been on the market for a little over a year, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Hi and Dry gave a solid report earlier today on the damage.

Last edited:

Jan Aldridge

Beach Comber
Jan 21, 2007
Thanks so much for this site:clap_1: I am a new member and have lived here about a year. It has been so helpful to read about the status of the fires since there was nothing on the TV/radio until late afternoon. It is such a great site to to retrieve info and I love to view the pictures, etc. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that has been impacted by the fires. Hopefully, rain will come our way soon and the rest of FL and the rain will subside in the midwest.