• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I pesonally havn't been to the one we have in town. Can't seem to go to a chain after experiencing the original on Maui---ummmm macadamia nut pancakes. But, what I have heard it that is a good burger, but overpriced, there is a bar area as well.

So is the chain related to the Maui Cheeseburger?:sosad: I hope not- that place was an original and should never be copied.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
We love Cheeseburger in Paradise. It's our little version of getting away to the tropics. Y'all are already there so you may have a different prospective. Great burgers, sandwiches and fries. I love the starboard salad. They have an extensive tropical drink menu. I think the prices are really reasonable. Not much more than Applebees, Chilis, places like that.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Well, oddly enough, this is where I had dinner tonight. I like the place and agree with OL that the prices are reasonable. Especially the drink prices - lots of frozen layered specialty drinks and I think they charge about $5.50. Yes, it's an overly commercial chain but the food & atmosphere are fun - pretty much the best thing that ever happened to downtown Des Plaines, IL!

An excerpt from their website (www.cheeseburgerinparadise.com):

Concept:
Jimmy Buffett's famous song comes to life at Cheeseburger In Paradise as guests wave goodbye to the real world and escape to paradise.

Founded:
Cheeseburger In Paradise is owned by OSI Restaurant Partners, Inc. (NYSE:OSI) by license from Jimmy Buffett.

Cuisine:
Beyond the famed traditional signature cheeseburger, the restaurant features an assorted cuisine that includes traditional American favorites, fresh fish dishes, house specialties prepared with Caribbean flair, and New Orleans-inspired creations. Island fare and beach bar favorites include an incredible fish sandwich, and a Caribbean-flavored jerk chicken wrap. Fun food choices include mini-cheeseburgers, onion six strings and chocolate nachos.

Last edited:

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
When we were in Asheville this winter we happened upon a Cheeseburger in Paradise and had a great meal with the kids. I had a salad that was excellent. It was fun, good food and reasonable.