• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skippertoo

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
Atlanta (Midtown)
thanks a lot

Oli... Not really running your place down as I did not even mention the name. My intention was to tell how special D & K was. You have plenty of fans as we all know so Sorry if you think I hurt you:blush:. Will not make a reference such as this again. We used to eat at your place every year... just kinda outgrew it.

Again Sorry

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
WOW, DO the letters FO mean anything to you... A a newby to this board your opinion does not weigh in with me. A Personal response from you is not required.
That's the most intelligent response you can come up with? :bang: Newby to this board yes, but I have lived in sowal for over 10 years and deal with people like yourself every day, so if your gonna dish it out, you better be able to take it. As far as what I think FO stands for, it sounds like a 3rd grader threat to me.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:sosad: ....Kat, I am sorry that such a wonderful thread about D&K's turned so ugly. What happened here? :dunno:

P.S. Phyllis had her leftovers for lunch and was in heaven once again! :clap_1:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:sosad: ....Kat, I am sorry that such a wonderful thread about D&K's turned so ugly. What happened here? :dunno:

P.S. Phyllis had her leftovers for lunch and was in heaven once again! :clap_1:

Too much testosterone? :lol:

Didn't I tell ya'll how good those would be today. Good for Phyllis! She's now an official member of the D&K's Left-Overs The Next Day Club!!!!:rotfl: ;-)

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
Oli... Not really running your place down as I did not even mention the name. My intention was to tell how special D & K was. You have plenty of fans as we all know so Sorry if you think I hurt you:blush:. Will not make a reference such as this again. We used to eat at your place every year... just kinda outgrew it.

Again Sorry

i wish i wasn't so insecure...

oli

Mr. Potato Head's worst nightmare
Nov 18, 2004
Skunky you are right on! Good grief sometimes I dislike this business so much, because people have no idea how comments about another restaurant can cause hurt and misunderstanding. I don't think Skippertoo meant to do that. In fact I just read that post this morning....being so caught up in my big blooper about the time for the SunSet Special I totally missed it! So you can imagine how hurt I felt for Oli.

While I am so glad that people enjoy our restaurant I want them to know we are all a community here in SoWal and that means family. Many of us have been here together for 20 years or more. We have found our niche, each different, but wonderful in it's own way. We reach a multitude of diverse clientel, desires, passions, appetites....I could go on and on. No one benefits when another is hurt.

Oli, you know Doug and I have taken our slaps in the face too over the years. Doug lets it roll off his back, not me, I get hurt then mad...then sad. It's part of the business, BUT, it is not part of this board!

Now my heart is sad for Oli this morning. Although, we know everyone loves :love: Oli and the Red Bar!!!!!

Kat and Doug
D&K's Cafe

Thank you Kat, your thread reminds me why i i've respected you and Doug for 17 years now

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hey Skippertoo, get that mutt on a leash. Nice incriminating avatar, hope that dog has a permit. :bang:

I really have to say this after thinking about it all day......Greenroomsurfer, your remark sounded just down right mean to say that about someone's beloved pet. And, it also sounded like a threat.

I think everyone would agree that Oli can take care of himself. As Miss Kitty said, this was such a wonderful thread.... so if it's okay let's keep our remarks to dining and food and have a good time.

I think we would have all liked to hear you say how much you enjoyed the Red Bar and tell about your good experiences as a response.:clap_1:

Let's have a truce on this thread. And have funn!:clap_1: :clap_1:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Thank you Kat, your thread reminds me why i i've respected you and Doug for 17 years now

Dear Oli....you don't have to thank me. Doug and I sat on our back porch and talked about this for quite some time this morning with a heavy heart. I think Doug said it best....The Red Bar is more then just food....it is an incredible experience of people, music, food, and drink that you can't get anywhere else. And that is YOUR tremendous contribution Oli to our community.;-) :clap_1:

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
This looks like a place I'd like to try. I'm the only seafood eater in a family of 5, so do you think if I call in advance you can some chicken fingers and fries for my 3 teenage daughters and hamburger for the wife?
:rotfl: