• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Robert

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2005
Athens, GA
Kurt and SJ,

First off, thanks for taking and sharing so many great photos with us.

Secondly, is there any way you guys could make the really cool photos in 800 x 600 resolution? When some of the pictures are stretched across the computer desktop they either get warped or grainy.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Robert said:
Kurt and SJ,

First off, thanks for taking and sharing so many great photos with us.

Secondly, is there any way you guys could make the really cool photos in 800 x 600 resolution? When some of the pictures are stretched across the computer desktop they either get warped or grainy.

Thanks!

If you mean in the gallery - and you are using them as wallpaper you have 2 options. Click on the photo in the gallery which may be linked to a larger version. Or center the photo on your desktop - right click on your desktop, select properties, select appearance tab, beside wallpaper selection select center instead of stretch.

Robert

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2005
Athens, GA
I know :)biggrin: ) but I was going to get one of my programmers to make us a screen saver program. One that ppl can download and install.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Robert said:
I know :)biggrin: ) but I was going to get one of my programmers to make us a screen saver program. One that ppl can download and install.

I have an old one that I need to update.

http://graytonbeach.com/index1.html
Grayton Beach area slide show - This slide show is also available as a free screen saver (3mb download), which has even more images from the Grayton Beach area. Save ?grayton1.2.exe? to desktop, and simply double-click when it?s through downloading to install. Download Screensaver (or click run).

Robert

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2005
Athens, GA
kurt said:
I have an old one that I need to update.

http://graytonbeach.com/index1.html
Grayton Beach area slide show - This slide show is also available as a free screen saver (3mb download), which has even more images from the Grayton Beach area. Save ?grayton1.2.exe? to desktop, and simply double-click when it?s through downloading to install. Download Screensaver (or click run).
That is very nice! Lets do another one! I love the photos and think everybody should see them.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Robert, most all of my photos are much larger than 800x600. The only exceptions are soon after major storms when I try to take numerous photos and upload. The larger files makes uploading a slow process. The only other exception is when this site refuses to accept my larger files, which happens only occaisonally. I guess one other exception would be my avatars, which are all 200x200. The way to get the larger size images for my photos is to go to my photo album and when the photo comes up, you should be able to click on it and enlarge it at least once, most you can enlarge twice. When I paste these onto a thread, this site automatically reduces them to 600x400.

You are welcome to use my photos as long as you are not selling them. If that is the case, I want a cut.

:lol:

Robert

Beach Comber
Aug 30, 2005
Athens, GA
Smiling JOe said:
Robert, most all of my photos are much larger than 800x600. The only exceptions are soon after major storms when I try to take numerous photos and upload. The larger files makes uploading a slow process. The only other exception is when this site refuses to accept my larger files, which happens only occaisonally. I guess one other exception would be my avatars, which are all 200x200. The way to get the larger size images for my photos is to go to my photo album and when the photo comes up, you should be able to click on it and enlarge it at least once, most you can enlarge twice. When I paste these onto a thread, this site automatically reduces them to 600x400.

You are welcome to use my photos as long as you are not selling them. If that is the case, I want a cut.

:lol:
Cool. Not for sale, just for fun and enjoyment. Thank you! Right now I am using the same one I have as an avatar for my desktop. :lol: The more you look at the pictures, the more addicted to them you get. My wife thinks I am a beach photo junkie. Of which I readily admit! :)