• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Baypoint and Sandestin both have golf academies. I think the one at Baypoint is probably rated a little higher. But be prepared, it's pretty expensive.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Just a follow-up. My buddy and I did a 3 day golf school with Tony Ruggerio at Sandestin (you golf at both the Baytown and Raven courses at Sandestin). Tony was fantastic, as were the facilities, all in all a great experience. The price was very reasonable. Highly recommended. Thanks JB!

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
$100/hour for an individual, for the two of us it was $150/hour. Two hours of range and green instruction, then two hours of on course instruction (9 holes). We finished the 9 holes on our own. Considering a round at Sandestin is almost $150 for 18 holes, we were getting the 4 hours of instruction for $150 (each). Plus, Tony was a top notch instructor (and I've had others I wouldn't say that about).

Tony has a website if you're interested:

http://www.dewsweepersgolfshow.com/

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
Who needs school to hit a small white dimpled pebble with an assundry of different weighted pole like objects, anyways? On a more serious note.....We'll be down from Louisville in a couple of weeks and we are staying at the Villas of Sunset Beach. Is there an actual Sunset Beach or is that just a pretty name for the place? Is it actually just Panama City Beach? And where might the best and most reasonable golf courses located in that general area? Is Dustys Oyster Bar still in that area? The perfect day would be to play the new Arnold Palmer course, (or is it Jack Nicklaus) and then head over and eat about 4 or 5 dozen succulent mollusks with a few ice cold brewskies. Thanks for any and all answers! B.K.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
dustys is still there...and it has good oysters...atmosphere little ruff ;-)

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just a follow-up. My buddy and I did a 3 day golf school with Tony Ruggerio at Sandestin (you golf at both the Baytown and Raven courses at Sandestin). Tony was fantastic, as were the facilities, all in all a great experience. The price was very reasonable. Highly recommended. Thanks JB!

Glad it worked out. I had a buddy who did a three-day with Ruggerio. He was playing to a 19 before instruction. Afterward and after a few weeks of drills on his own, he was playing to a 12.

I could use a little help myself. But alas, golf is an afterthought these days.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
So JB, how was the vacation? Or are you still there?