• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
It's pretty nice on this end, too. Yesterday (when I took this pic shortly after sunrise) I saw a squadron of rays swimming right up at shoreline. But maybe we have a bit more smoke here than y'all in SoWal?
IMG_1909.jpg

Beautiful Cil....are you still in Port St Joe?

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Smiling Joe-Thanks for the science lesson :clap: :clap:

The sargassum weed is what I have seen in the past. I am thinking the June grass is what my family likes to call the "spinach" in the water! That stuff that sticks to every body part, the stuff that even after a shower you might find a piece or two in a body crevice!:eek:

My parents are either coming down this Sunday or the first Sunday in June. This will be their first trip to Seagove, so I am hoping they have great weather:eek: :eek: and clean water.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The sargassum weed is what I have seen in the past. I am thinking the June grass is what my family likes to call the "spinach" in the water! That stuff that sticks to every body part, the stuff that even after a shower you might find a piece or two in a body crevice!:eek:

That is June Grass for sure. You come out of the water looking like the Swamp Thing. I like seeing the color of the June Grass in the water, but it is terrible on the fishing.

beachpirate

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2007
Montgomery
I am heading down Saturday... What are my chances surf fishing? I will be down for 6 days. Hopefully it will be patchy.

beachpirate

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2007
Montgomery
Thanks SJ. The pre-season college football mags are coming out this week so .... Go Dawgs

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Went to Inlet Beach this morning for about an hour. Water was clear, no grass that I could see, no waves, people fishing all up and down the beach. I dont think it could be much better....:clap: :clap: :clap:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Gorgeous today. Scant June grass, green flag aloft, water temp (I guess) about 75-78 degrees, which felt mighty fine:cool: Purple flag flying too but I remain unscathed by whatever deadly marine life was lurking:D