• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
skier said:
Cork,

So, did the buyers on lot 64 and 66 overpay too at $780k and $795k respectively. Maybe you should have been advising them that they overpaid too. Saying that someone overpaid when the market was demanding those prices due to tight supply is ludicrous. Hindsight is 20/20. If you are honest with yourself, you know that you would have sold any of those lots to someone that wanted one at the time without telling them they were overpaying.

OK Guys, start pouring the guiness or bass ale in my case. Gotta respond to this one. :drool:

I can only say, Skier, that you don't know me and have no right or basis to tell me what I would do in a situation. I'm not a car salesman. I'm not in real estate because I can't do anything else. I have 9 yrs of higher education, a professional degree in pharmacy and 11 years as an investigator.

I'm not gonna starve if somebody doesn't sign a contract and I don't need the money bad enough to allow someone to pay more than something is worth without advising them accordingly. I have, in fact advised many people that properties were priced to high. I've also advised them to walk if I felt the deal would put them at risk. I don't come from money. I worked my way through college as a single parent and nothing has ever been given to me. $100K is still a lot of money to me and a lot of people and I know that real estate purchases are some of the biggest decisions of people's life.

My experience has been that when someone believes others will be unethical it's because they lack ethics and believe others will act like them. I live by the golden rule, am thankful for what I have and good comes to me. Perhaps that's why I'm not cynical.

As you can tell, the data extraction is not so cumbersome that a bozo like me can't do it.

84v.gif

Last edited:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Jeez Loueez! Look what I woke up to! This Thread is a MESS!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :puke:

Popcorn all over, SJ musta spilled his guiness, and someone puked on a post! Looks like some LUI going on here.

:banned: That's it you BOZOS! Get back to the LOUNGE!

(Camp Creek Kid will clear her schedule for a 10:00 o'clock group therapy session.) :D

By the way CORK, I like the Bozo icon!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Sueshore said:
SJ and RO are just chompin' at the bit for "The Great Statistics Debate" to begin.......first up is......

skier!!!!! Or was that skeiirereer? No, it is skier.....

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
And next up is Cork....the puking has stopped for the moment....SJ has popcorn in his teeth and Guiness down his chin, RO has fallen asleep....and wait, Rita has come in with a late breaking request..."MOVE IT TO THE LOUNGE!!!!!!" She also announces that CCK, our resident therapist, will be available for all those that have lost their shirts buying property in SoWal.

Last edited:

Cavallino

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
depends on the date
Skier's persistent negative comments and personal attacks continue to make me question whether he really is an owner in WaterColor

Once again I will ask........what others have asked for in the past.....what is your property address or MLS listing number to indeed prove you are an owner?

If you continue to avoid this question.....maybe we should start guessing which property Skier owns. He has already given us a few hints
- it is in WaterColor
- it is a stones throw from the beach....so must be cottage district
- it is not listed by St. Joe.
- it has been for sale for some time at too high of a price

Do you care to answer the question....or would others like to list additional hints he has given in the past?

Doug

Last edited:

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
I can only say, Skier, that you don't know me and have no right or basis to tell me what I would do in a situation. I'm not a car salesman. I'm not in real estate because I can't do anything else.

Cork,

You are absolutely right. I was wrong to imply what I did. Disagreeing about trends, etc is one thing, its another to say the things I did. I bet you are a very thoughtful, considerate and upstanding woman or man. My comments were way out of line and I am ashamed of putting those particular words on "paper". I will edit them out of my message so as not to offend you in front of any folks that read the post in the future.

I sincerely apologize.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Rita said:
Jeez Loueez! Look what I woke up to! This Thread is a MESS!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :puke:

Popcorn all over, SJ musta spilled his guiness, and someone puked on a post! Looks like some LUI going on here.

:banned: That's it you BOZOS! Get back to the LOUNGE!

(Camp Creek Kid will clear her schedule for a 10:00 o'clock group therapy session.) :D

By the way CORK, I like the Bozo icon!

Umm, Rita and Sueshore--I'm a little concerned about your addiction to SoWal.com. What were you two Texans doing up before the crack of dawn--I mean WAY before the crack of dawn? Sounds like you need a vacation :D .

As for a group therapy session, here is what I prescribe: Tea time at Grayton (driving on the beach is left to your discretion, but NO walking on the dunes)in October (bad month, I know) on an evening of a picture-perfect sunset (for kurt) while kathydwells and Landlocked entertain us with their comedy routine. Following that, PhPhay (where is she) can rap us a few songs. We must have a permitted campfire on the beach (October nights are cold!!! ;-) ) while Smiling JOe imparts his philosophy of life and katie blue sings all our troubles away. BANNED is any talk of real estate and/or sales prices, Gulf Trace, hurricanes, biting flies, white shirts, photos IN the dunes, or anyone wearing a thong (sorry River Otter).

And skier, you ARE invited :D .

Last edited: