• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
My mother visits here regularly and there are many more factors that play into finding a rental for an older person that I had never considered- steps being very important. And most accesses have very steep steps. I can't think of any condos or accesses on 30-A that are not steep.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Anything by Gulf Place and the Dune Allen access is good for folks who have issues with stairs. There's a boardwalk out to the beach, but no stairs.

Last edited:

rogpurf

Beach Lover
Aug 30, 2005
Midland, MI & Seagrove Beach
I would recommend ONE SEAGROVE PLACE. It has pictures of each unit. I would suggest Unit 506. I think it has what your looking for other than the swimming pool might be full of kids. It does have free lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
Just a little FYI. One Seagrove is great, but the chairs and umbrellas aren't "free." They're included in the rental price whether you use them or not.

Just to add my .02, Sand Cliffs Condos in Seacrest Beach right next door to Alys Beach is a fantastic setup. Older for sure as they were built in the 70s but with age comes space with an unbeatable Gulfside courtyard with pool which overlooks the Gulf. Tennis courts too. Think of a pool and an actual green grass courtyard overlooking the Gulf with the condos surrounding it in a wedge shape. VERY low density beach and is truly a hidden jem between crowded beaches. Mostly an older crowd as well with fewer kids than most places.

There are stairs to the beach as it's on a cliff like most properties but it makes that pool experience all the more breathtaking.

Last edited:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Keep the suggestions coming; y'all are doing great!:clap_1: :clap_1:

As far as kids, I don't think my parents care if there are kids around, they would just like to be able to get a lounge chair at the pool and not have a kids doing cannonballs over them the whole time!

My parents are pretty able, they both still play tennis, just not a quickly as they use to. My dad have a bad back so steep climbs might be an issue. I really want to send them to Watercolor as we have never stayed there (we're too cheap!) When we travel with our college kids and whatever friends of theirs show up, we like to go with a large house. I guess I will save the Watercolor Inn for when we don't have children in tow.

Anything by Gulf Place and the Dune Allen access is good for folks who have issues with stairs. There's a boardwalk out to the beach, but no stairs.
Gulf Place is a good idea. Plus there are places to eat and shop on site. Not beachfront, but great Gulf views. We stayed there several times while building our home. There's one unit that we liked that is right next to Amor? on the second floor. Yum!

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
I decided to go ahead with the WaterColor Inn. As this is to be a special visit, I wanted them to be pampered! They are coming down on June 3 for 3 night so if you are at the Inn, say hi! :D I now will worry about the weather; I will be so upset if it rains.

Speakeb

Beach Crab
May 17, 2007
Pokey, I would like to suggest unit 1208 at One Seagrove Place on the beach and jon 30A. It has beautiful views of the gulf- is a lovely 2 bedroom updated unit--Also would like to suggest Aug. Sept or Oct as the weather is still beautiful but the area is not full of children--One does not have to pay for pool access or for beach chairs--After one pays for rental nothing else needs to be paid for as far as the unit is concerned. Think your parents would love it
Telephone number is 1-800-9100 The unit is 1208 Happy Holiday!!:welcome:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Thanks for your recommendation , but as I said above I have made reservations at the WaterColor Inn for my parents. They will arrive in a little over 2 weeks.