• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

2cat

Beach Comber
Apr 14, 2005
Anyone know the results of today's auction at 98 Wilderness Way, behind the Starbucks in Grayton Beach?

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
The high bid was $460,000 :eek: The seller (Homecomings Financial Network, a division of GMAC) has 7 days to accept or reject the bid. I think the mortgage balance was considerably higher than the bid.

Last edited:

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
The high bid was $460,000 :eek: The seller (Homecomings Financial Network, a division of GMAC) has 7 days to accept or reject the bid. I think the mortgage balance was considerably higher than the bid.

Last owner (before turning title over to the bank) paid $695k for the home in 2004.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Last owner (before turning title over to the bank) paid $695k for the home in 2004.

Man, that's gonna leave a mark!

<Note to self: Check portfolio for funds containing GMAC bonds.>

Last edited:

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
the mark that these foreclosures leave unfortunately will not be on lower taxes due to lower sales comps ...because the state uses only "arms lenght" transactions and they consider these unusual circumstances that do not reflect the reality of the market...i beg to differ...

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
looks like some banks do not mind owning a little real estate after foreclosure...it's on the market for $749K.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
looks like some banks do not mind owning a little real estate after foreclosure...it's on the market for $749K.
I'm seeing several banks holding some property. I know they don't want to be in the land holding business, but if they can hold on long enough, the banks will be the ones to profit, IMO.

6thGen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
I'm seeing several banks holding some property. I know they don't want to be in the land holding business, but if they can hold on long enough, the banks will be the ones to profit, IMO.

I'm guessing the privately held banks are more open to ORE. Is that what you've seen?