• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Is this $900K house called "Crab Shack," by any chance?

I am not surprised that WaterColor is filled for the summer. The Beach Club alone is worth the price of admission. Nice amenities and a nice beach.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Donna, it has been reduced to $895K, and it belongs to the Mayo family. Not sure of it's name. It is the yellow block house on the left of Garfield if you are driving North.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Probably insurance could be a consideration...things are slow everywhere, and the idea of insurance and property taxes factor into the situation, at least in prospective buyers minds.

It takes a certain kind of person to appreciate the Grayton community and lately we seem to have the kind of buyers who are looking for the more upscale neighborhoods, rather than the Old Florida Beach Community.

I actually have a person who wants to buy this house; but he needs to sell some other things first and vacant lots in up and coming developments are moving even slower than older houses right now!:dunno:

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
kurt hit on this, but everything is a give and take. The HOA fees that come with WC, Rosemary, Alys, and WSB are pretty hefty, so you pay for those amentities. IMHO this cuts both ways with buyers. SOme prefer Greyton cause no fees...so prefered master planned for the amenities.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
Grayton still has a soul. There are huge inventories everywhere and few buyers. There is more inventory on the way. Enjoy Grayton for what it is, as i'm sure we all do...

TN2FLA

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2006
Dune Allen
Current Insurance and Tax info for 78 Garfield St :

Property Tax - $4,206
Home Insurance - $2,544
Flood Insurance - $264

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Current Insurance and Tax info for 78 Garfield St :

Property Tax - $4,206
Home Insurance - $2,544
Flood Insurance - $264

The $2544 home insurance (fire and wind I suspect) is DEAD CHEAP for a $900K home.

That certainly shouldn't be holding anyone back who's looking in that price range.

Last edited: