• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cynsmoot

Beach Crab
May 25, 2007
We will be vacationing in the Seaside area the week of July 2. I will have 4 children under the age of 8 in our group. Any suggestion on kid-friendly restaurants? We were in Panama City Beach a couple of years ago and there were a couple of restuarants right on the beach that had a playground attached. Made it so nice! Anything like that in the area???

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Elmos on the west end of 30A is kid friendly :D
Across the Butler Elementary

When your little ones are as good as jdarg's daughter, anywhere is kid friendly. :love: She is such a doll.

That being said, in my opinion Angelina's is the quintessential kid-friendly place on 30-A now that the old Shades is gone. Seagrove Market Caf? is another good spot. Actually, the Taco Bar at Seaside is good because kids can run around in the little courtyard there.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thank you BR!! You and Big D were very well-behaved at lunch too. ;-) It was a nice lunch!

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
The locals will know for sure, but I think its called The Crab Shack in Destin that has a playground on the beach right outside the restaurant. Kids can play while you wait. It has always been busy when we were there. Usually quite crowded inside, and so so food----all of that from someone who has only been there three times.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Crab Trap at James Lee Park. It's on scenic 98, just across the Okaloosa County line. I also think most of the menu is rather meh, but the hot crab dip appetizer is quite good (but then you can't really go wrong with crab+cream cheese)

The Red Bar in Grayton Beach works out pretty well for lunch because you can have one parent watching the kids run around outside while the other waits for food. Dinner get a little too crowded for that though, IMO.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The Sea Bar on 331 at the south side of the bridge. Kids can play in the shallow, sandy-bottom bay or play on the beach. They have outdoor tables so you can keep an eye on the little ones.

Coco's Mexican Grill is often filled with happy kids.

Eat pizza outdoors at WaterColor Market while the kids play in the fountain or take it across the street to Cerulean Park or the beach.

Pick up Thai food at Thai Cafe in Grayton Beach. Sit on the steps of the Zoo Gallery and hog it up while watching all of the starving folks waiting for their Red Bar beepers to vibrate. :lol:

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
We will be vacationing in the Seaside area the week of July 2. I will have 4 children under the age of 8 in our group. Any suggestion on kid-friendly restaurants? We were in Panama City Beach a couple of years ago and there were a couple of restuarants right on the beach that had a playground attached. Made it so nice! Anything like that in the area???

The Back Porch in Destin is like that. Kids can play on the beach while you wait. If past history holds, there will be quite a wait the week you will be there.

jpfreer

Beach Comber
Jul 13, 2006
Seacrest Beach
Shades at the Loop has a very kid friendly atmosphere. A designated gameroom is very enjoyable for the kids while the parents wait for a table or for the food to arrive. The kids menu also has a place to color and to do mazes. High Chairs and booster seats always available.:D