• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
The $2544 home insurance (fire and wind I suspect) is DEAD CHEAP for a $900K home.

That certainly shouldn't be holding anyone back who's looking in that price range.

No doubt! We live north of 98 in Point Washington - our home is only about 1,600 sqft. and not in a flood zone, and we pay $1950+/year. Our neighbors across the street are with State Farm (but just got notice of cancellation) and they told me yesterday their insurance jumped from $2300 to over $4000!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Current Insurance and Tax info for 78 Garfield St :

Property Tax - $4,206
Home Insurance - $2,544
Flood Insurance - $264

Our wind insurance is totally separate from our homeowners. Does this home insurance figure include the wind? Our wind insurance alone is $2500. Something does not compute here.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
We have a number of different forms of insurance:
Liability (fire, etc.)
Umbrella from primary residence that covers the second home
Wind (always a separate policy)
Flood (FEMA)
Lost rental revenue policy

Ours runs $4,617 per year on a three-story house in the coastal area, in a flood zone.

So I never understand people saying their insurance was ramped up to double digits. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the game.
:dunno:

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
Our wind insurance is totally separate from our homeowners. Does this home insurance figure include the wind? Our wind insurance alone is $2500. Something does not compute here.

There are still a few companies that have "all inclusive" policies. The wind deductible is just higher. I pay $1,800 a year for one of these type policies on a cottage in the Seacrest area....a pretty good deal by most standards.
I was required to put the 3M protective film on the windows in order to qualify for the policy. That cost was about another $1,800, but it was worth it to avoid the separate wind with Citizen's at $2,500.

I'll check with the Grayton owner and find out if her policy includes wind.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Donna, that is surprising very inexpensive sounding for your house. Are you sure that you didn't move the decimal over one place? I would have thought insurance for your home would be at least double that. Who is your insurer?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Donna, that is surprising very inexpensive sounding for your house. Are you sure that you didn't move the decimal over one place? I would have thought insurance for your home would be at least double that. Who is your insurer?

And deductible...