• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
When we came home a little bit ago, Mid Bay Bridge traffic was backing up from the toll plaza and wrapping around FL 20 to about Bay Drive. Save for Easter, the normal back-up the rest off the year usually doesn't get past Woodlands Drive on White Point.

ladyj

Beach Lover
Nov 29, 2006
And they aren't opening the new toll lanes until THIS weekend????
:shock:

By the way, how high does gas have to get to impact tourism? I've been wondering that lately. The prices last year and now this year have not seemed to slow down drivers around here....

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They say the high gas prices aren't going to change people's summer driving/vacation habits at all. They're just spending less money other places and filling the tank!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Gas prices aren't going to stop me from coming down in about 7 weeks!

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
And they aren't opening the new toll lanes until THIS weekend????
:shock:

By the way, how high does gas have to get to impact tourism? I've been wondering that lately. The prices last year and now this year have not seemed to slow down drivers around here....

It's still cheaper than flying! ( for those of us far away...and if you're closer than 6 hours than it's not going to cost that much more in the long run)

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
It's still cheaper than flying! ( for those of us far away...and if you're closer than 6 hours than it's not going to cost that much more in the long run)

it is for us too - esp. since we hate flying !

ladyj

Beach Lover
Nov 29, 2006
Do you find that you have to cut corners elsewhere though to make sure you have gas money budgeted for the trip?
I know I've had to cut corners. No more Starbucks for me. :sosad:

babyjosie98

Beach Comber
Jan 19, 2007
St.Louis Mo (Dittmer)
When we come down in July from St.Louis we will be driving our 4 door diesel and splitting the gas with Mom and Dad. Our 3/4 ton does not do too bad on gas milage and the diesel is a bit cheaper.:D

Now my Brother in law is freaking out cause he will have to drive his Dodge truckand it is a HEMI!!! Gas guzler for sure....:eek:

We are bringing the truck so we have more room and can take our bikes with us.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Based on the lack of parking currently in Seaside, I'd say that there are more people here this year than last. I used to be able to park in front of Seaside School, no problem. Not true so far this year.