• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
View attachment 5202

HOPE ATTACHMENT WORKED...

These two guys are great dogs, but we just don't have time for them anymore. They are free to good homes and they have to be separated. They aren't friends anymore. Makita is shepherd mix with OCD to tennis balls, he's very loving and loyal. Scooby is half red nose pit bull and half Rott. very playful, but probably needs to be the only dog. I hate to get rid of either of them but I have a year old baby girl and another on the way so the dogs have to go. Please p.m. if interested or call 850-496-4779.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
View attachment 5202

These two guys are great dogs, but we just don't have time for them anymore. They are free to good homes and they have to be separated. They aren't friends anymore. Makita is shepherd mix with OCD to tennis balls, he's very loving and loyal. Scooby is half red nose pit bull and half Rott. very playful, but probably needs to be the only dog. I hate to get rid of either of them but I have a year old baby girl and another on the way so the dogs have to go. Please p.m. if interested or call 850-496-4779.

If you cannot find anyone to take them, I would hope you would take them to a no kill shelter only. This kind of stuff saddens me. :sosad:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Why do they have to be separated? Did the pit/rott mix attack your other dog?

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Will do Lady D. I really hate to lose them...but they deserve an owner that can spend time with them and unfortunately with two babies, i'm not going to have that.

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
View attachment 5202

Hopefully you will find someone for these dogs. It's quite obvious you weren't taking care / training / disciplining them if "they aren't friends anymore". Next time think twice before you decide to get pets.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
florida chaser. FYI ...I didn't bring these dogs home but I do love them just the same. It really doesn't matter under what circumstances they have to go or their training/discipline or lack thereof. I'm trying to do right by them as my situation is changing. If you're interested in them or know someone who can provide for them, then let me know. If not, well....nuff said.

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
Hey, sorry your in the situation you're in. I'd help you out if I could, but I've already got three, and since they are aging differently, they don't all get along so well all the time either.

I know it must be difficult to give up your furkids, but it's understandable with a year old baby and another on the way, especially if the two dogs aren't getting along anymore. I'll second ladydebubba's comment about not taking them to a kill shelter....if you find that you have to take them to a shelter, please make sure it's not a kill shelter.

Sometimes people think that dogs can't have their own personalities and that it's all up to training to see that they get along with all other dogs. I don't think that's so.. I think they have their own souls and personalities...and I think somebody might need to back off a little bit.

Good luck to you in finding good homes and with your new baby on the way.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Another suggestion I have, and I sent sunspotbaby a private message concerning this, some vets offices take in pets and try to find homes for them. I know of two that are right around the corner from me here in Memphis, and periodically they have cats and dogs both there they are trying to find homes for. And most have a cork bulletin board up where people have posted pictures of pets they are trying to find homes for, including puppies and kittens. And what better place to post a notice than in a vet's office. Everyone that comes in there are pet lovers, for the most part.

Last edited:

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
I was in a situation where I was going back and forth from West Coast to SoWal and had two of four dogs that couldn't cope with being left with a friend while I was gone. The local radio station on the West Coast had a website where people could place free classified ads. I also ran an ad in the local newspaper. I found 50 prospective homes for the dogs (they needed to stay together). I narrowed it down to a few and interviewed them. I finally found the perfect home. I still have contact with the new "parents". They feel blessed to have my "girls" and I feel blessed to have found a home where they are the center of attention (I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter , so I understand about the time factor.)
There is a local am radio station in DeFuniak Springs that may be willing to help find a home. The have something called The Country Store, which is a swap shop from 9:10-10:00 Mon.-Sat. Their website is http://www.wzep1460.com and their p...inding homes for the dogs. Phoenix Rising

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I was in a situation where I was going back and forth from West Coast to SoWal and had two of four dogs that couldn't cope with being left with a friend while I was gone. The local radio station on the West Coast had a website where people could place free classified ads. I also ran an ad in the local newspaper. I found 50 prospective homes for the dogs (they needed to stay together). I narrowed it down to a few and interviewed them. I finally found the perfect home. I still have contact with the new "parents". They feel blessed to have my "girls" and I feel blessed to have found a home where they are the center of attention (I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter , so I understand about the time factor.)
There is a local am radio station in DeFuniak Springs that may be willing to help find a home. The have something called The Country Store, which is a swap shop from 9:10-10:00 Mon.-Sat. Their website is http://www.wzep1460.com and their p...od luck i finding a loving home for the pups!