• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Yes, it's true! We finally got a web site up and running.

www.DandKCafe.com

It's not finished, but Jamie was able to spend 5 days with someone in Atlanta (a personal friend) who took our thoughts and did a great job representing who we are and what we offer. I'm just excited to finally get one! :clap: It includes our menu and wine list. Opening times and phone number. Pictures of the cafe rotate everytime to click on the menu

Next a virtual tour!;-) Huh Kurt?:bow: :bow: :bow: :love: :love: :love:

:welcome: Kat:party:

SOWAL ROCKS!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:clap: :clap: :clap:

the blackened grouper with grilled shrimp sounds amazing!!!!:drool:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Did you just read my post looking for your menu you posted earlier?

I just sent my parents a copy and pasted version of the menu and my mother made a reservation no more than an hour ago :D

The website looks great as does the menu. I am sorry we are not heading your way this summer, but my family wanted to visit Hilton Head again. As I am the maker or all vacation reservations, I have been able to convince my crew that SoWal was the best. I guess they will have to go back to Hilton Head one last time to really be convinced!;-)

Maybe I can talk my husband into a long weekend your way without the kids in the fall; then I can try out that great looking menu!!

jackie

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2006
chicago burb
What a great website. Can't wait to try your place when we come down for the winter. For some crazy reason, we didn't get to your rest. last winter, but sure am looking forward to experiencing a meal with you this coming year.

Last edited:

Linda

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Finally got to try D & K's last week. My husband and I tried the Grouper Cardinal - delicious!! Seafood dip and gumbo were also fantastic. Can't wait to go back.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:wave: :bow: Doug and I want to thank all of you for your kind words and support. Bringing great food and a wonderful Gulf view (in our beloved New Orleans style) to Grayton Beach has been a labor of love. Eleven years ago D&K's started in a tiny cottage in the pines along 30-A. With only 9 tables...many of them tables for two, we could only seat 26 people. A very homey place where many people came to dine in what felt like our own dining room. This has always been my ultimate goal....to give you the feeling that you have at Thanksgiving....full, happy, and ready to sleep like a baby.

An 8 month renovation (which seems to never end) has brought us more space (we can seat 48) and a bird's eye view of the beach and Gulf of one of the most sought after spots in the country....Grayton Beach.

We now have 9 stools at the bar instead of the two we had in the tiny cottage. Doug has a beautiful kitchen with windows facing the water. Here he watches his friends go out on their charter fishing boats....and when they come in he can run out to see what they caught. Another advantage of having our cafe in Grayton.

Most of our staff, Kelly, Chris, and Cathy have been with us for 5 years. These are your servers and they work very hard to give you the best dining experince you can get, while staying casual in a fine dining atmosphere. They have worked very hard with Kathy Bridges (Southern Wine) moving on from a very limited wine list to a list that can please that casual glass of wine to the seasoned wine connoisseur. I am very prowd of their desire to be the best, without losing their own personality.

Jamie Landreneau and I spent weeks in New Orleans hunting for the perfect decor for our newly renovated D&K's. We are so happy to present to you the work of many artists who were devestated by Katrina. Jamie is well known for his incredible decoration at Bay Town during Mardi Gras. He has worked with us at D&K's in the pines and collaborated on other ventures. His skills go way beyond what I have time to write down. Doug and I are so happy to have him as a partner with us in this incredible "Upstairs Dining" FUNN!

We also have a small dining room down stairs for handicap access. It is called "The Rose Room". It is as every bit as beautiful as the upstairs and is named for a large painting of roses on one wall.

Another intimate room right off the main dining room is what we nicknamed "The Anne Rice" room. It is my favorite! Very intimate with only two tables separated by a rotund wine cage. Four windows give a view of the beach and surrounding area.

We will be posting food pictures soon. But if you haven't tried our new appetizer, the Martini Trio, don't wait for the pictures. It is wonderful! Served in a frozen martini glass it is stacked with white lump crabmeat, surrounded by boiled seasoned shrimp, and topped off with fried crab claws. A new twist on the old shrimp coctail.

BBQ Shrimp is another new addition served with slices of French bread to sop up that wonderful sauce. Looks like the Crab Boulettes are a quick pop in your mouth favorite! Fresh sweet lump crab hand rolled into "Boulettes", cajun for "balls" are flash fried to a golden brown and served with a Remoulade dipping sauce.

Okay, I think I've given you enough information about D&k's in my own words.
Don't forget to call for a reservation and parking information....850-231-0455. Look for us as you drive straight into Grayton aiming for the beach. When you come to the corner, where you must turn left, we sit right there in a 2 story house painted in Red, Gold, and Teal.

We look forward to seeing you! SoWallers make the best customers, but even better friends!!!!:love:

Gotta Run....see you soon!

Kat:welcome:
www.DandKCafe.com

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Kat,
We can't wait! When I have a definite date of my hubby's arrival can I call and reserve a spot in the Anne Rice room? :D

My mouth is watering from your discription of the new appetizer!

Ozbeachmom