• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I have a long overdue review. I took my mom to D&K's a couple of weeks ago. I was very worried about the night because 1) I am always leery of New Orleans style food outside of New Orleans, I'm used to the real thing and 2) my mom never likes upscale restaurants. The first thing that impressed me was the quality of wines by the glass...my mother doesn't drink so I usually never get a decent glass of wine when we go out to dinner so kudoes! I started with a seafood martini and it was the freshest, most delectable thing I've ever tasted. I wake in the night with cravings for it now! Next, I had one of the steaks...I thought it was risky to order, but the only thing I've ever had that was even comparable in New Orleans was at Emeril's NOLA before the storm. It was exquisite. The best surprise, however, was that my mom enjoyed it. My mom is not a foodie. She is very thin and chooses food based on whether or not it will help her keep her weight up...she loves Krystal and Little Debbie cakes. Sometimes I wonder if she was born without tastebuds. I've taken her to all my favorite restaurants in New Orleans...the only thing she really liked was Bud's Broiler...a hamburger joint. As we were leaving she remarked, "That was the best steak. I finished it." It was basically a miracle.

Thanks, Kathy -- not only for my little sister, but for a rare great dinner out with my mom!:love:

Punzi....when I read this my eyes welled up with tears. That is the best thing someone could say about the cafe. I wish I had been there. :sosad: But was on the Seaside School 8th grade trip to Orlando.

I am so glad your mom enjoyed it. Can't wait to see you and Dr. Skunky too!:clap:

:love: :love: Kat:wave: :party:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
I know I saw the menu for D&K on here somewhere and now I can't find it. I am sure I am looking right at it, but could someone post a link to the post?

My parents are coming down this weekend and I thought they might enjoy eating here. Is D&K opened on Mondays?

Never mind, I found it!!

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I know I saw the menu for D&K on here somewhere and now I can't find it. I am sure I am looking right at it, but could someone post a link to the post?

My parents are coming down this weekend and I thought they might enjoy eating here. Is D&K opened on Mondays?

Never mind, I found it!!

:wave: Hi Pokey....I just posted our new web site, which has our wine list and menu on it! Hope to see you soon!:welcome:

Any questions feel free to call us at 850-231-0455. (We are not open on Monday....Open Tues.-Sat.) No answer :dunno: then leave a message and we will get back to you!!!

Again, WELCOME!

Kat:party:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
I saw the website and it looks great!! My parents just made a reservation for next week at your restaurant. I can't wait to hear their reviews. :clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I saw the website and it looks great!! My parents just made a reservation for next week at your restaurant. I can't wait to hear their reviews. :clap:

:wave: Thank you I can't wait to meet them!:clap:

:welcome: Pokey's parents:chill:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
That's what I get for playing on the computer while watching TV! :eek: :bang:

Kat-I meant they can NOT wait to me you; they are looking forward to it.

Miss Kitty, how come a kitty is looking out for a kat; are y'all in cahoots with each other? :rotfl: Seriously, thanks for the grammar correction. :lolabove:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
That's what I get for playing on the computer while watching TV! :eek: :bang:

Kat-I meant they can NOT wait to me you; they are looking forward to it.

Miss Kitty, how come a kitty is looking out for a kat; are y'all in cahoots with each other? :rotfl: Seriously, thanks for the grammar correction. :lolabove:

Oh pokey, stop!!!! ;-)