• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Arkiegirl: If you have specific questions about Destin, I'll bet that people on this board can be helpful (when they're not misbehaving:nono1:; it's Friday and we're getting a bit punchy waiting for the weekend). I know I've read several threads on SoWal.com with recommendations for restaurants in Destin. We love the Back Porch because it's right on the beach, reasonable (not cheap but not outrageous), and "feels good" when you're there. Are you going to Destin just with adults or with children, too?

KansasBorn/30ABound

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2005
Atchison, Kansas
We are in sowal right now...and we ate in Destin last night at Pompano Joe's food was good but the view was GREAT...sat outside on the beachfront deck and watched the sunset. It was a FUNN time.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
Kansas/30ABound! I am from Kansas also, we live in western Shawnee, I was in Atchison on Monday at Nell Hills doing a little shopping. Hope your trip is going well. Our condo is right down the street from Pompano Joes! I leave on Thursday for a month at the condo and I can't wait!! Love Kansas, but can't wait till hubby retires and we can move to the beach full time!!

Arkie girl, :welcome: this by far is the best website. I have found out great information from the folks here, just fire away and I will be happy to answer anything I know about the Destin area since that is were our condo is located!

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Arkiegirl

Where are you staying in Destin? If you give us the name of the complex or area we could probably help you out with suggestions of restaurants and things to do right near you. Just let us know what you need and we will help out - our you can try tripadvisor - the Destin forum as I believe dd already suggested. There are a lot of helpful people there as well.

destinconcierge

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2007
Miramar Beach
www.myspace.com
Arkiegirl

Where are you staying in Destin? If you give us the name of the complex or area we could probably help you out with suggestions of restaurants and things to do right near you. Just let us know what you need and we will help out - our you can try tripadvisor - the Destin forum as I believe dd already suggested. There are a lot of helpful people there as well.
Ditto...
I'll be happy to give you some great ideas for area.
:welcome:

KansasBorn/30ABound

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2005
Atchison, Kansas
Kansas/30ABound! I am from Kansas also, we live in western Shawnee, I was in Atchison on Monday at Nell Hills doing a little shopping. Hope your trip is going well. Our condo is right down the street from Pompano Joes! I leave on Thursday for a month at the condo and I can't wait!! Love Kansas, but can't wait till hubby retires and we can move to the beach full time!!

Arkie girl, :welcome: this by far is the best website. I have found out great information from the folks here, just fire away and I will be happy to answer anything I know about the Destin area since that is were our condo is located!

Hello fellow Kansan! Lucky you that you get to spend a whole month down here...this is our 5th year coming down. I hope someday to retire down this way as well..Absolutely love the beach!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I actually came across this other forum sight geared towards all the panhandle and Mobile and New Orleans I believe. I was on tripsmarter seeing if there was anything new and saw this thread that said I need your help so I clicked on it out of curiosity. Providing a link to it below, it has many posts in alot of areas but doesn't seem to have alot of members logged on at one time. They actually have something similar to Sowal's lounge called the Pickle Barrel.

http://kokonuttelegraph.com/modules.php?name=Forums