• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sewo97

Beach Crab
Nov 11, 2005
Hi all! I'm looking for some wedding advice....

My fiance and I are trying to decide where to get married next summer. I've always wanted to get married in Grayton, but the Red Bar doesn't do summer evening weddings, and D&K is too small (we're looking at 100 people). Is there anywhere else in Grayton (aside from Criollas) that would fit that many people? We're against having a big tent, and I don't think we could rent a big enough house for a 100 person reception. I haven't been down to SoWal in a couple years, so I thought maybe there was something funky and new.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a local wedding planner that specializes in (or knows about) low-impact environmentally and socially responsible weddings? We wanted the reception to use mostly local organic ingredients, local flowers, etc.

I've been looking through some of the other wedding posts, and didn't see anything directly on point. Sorry if I missed something obvious that's already been written about this.

Thanks all!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Congrats!

The first problem with that many people in Grayton is parking, but I have seen nearly that many at Hawk's Nest. It's right on the access. It is 4 stories and most of the ground floor is open with room to set up tables and music. People then gather or mill around the beach, Red Bar, or inside the house and on the massive porches. There is a twin house next to it if you need more room. The owner of Hawk's Nest also has another house with a pool across from the red bar.
www.EmeraldCoastTours.com/hawksnest
www.EmeraldCoastTours.com/hawkslanding

There are some other big ones like Conch Out, Lollygag, and Little Sandy but they might not have room for 100 people.
http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/186banfillstreet
http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/17hotzavenue
http://www.floridabeachretreats.com/524defuniakstreet

You might also check out Graytona Lodge which has a large yard on the lake.

For contacts in the area for anything to do with environmental sensitivity I go to Ed & Rachel at www.ShopForTheHealthOfIt.com.

sewo97

Beach Crab
Nov 11, 2005
Thanks Kurt!!! Those suggestions sound fantastic. The back yard at the Graytona Lodge is gorgeous. I'll definitely have to give them a call and find out more information.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a local wedding planner that specializes in (or knows about) low-impact environmentally and socially responsible weddings? We wanted the reception to use mostly local organic ingredients, local flowers, etc.

Wow, I am impressed.

I hope SoWal will continue to attract people like this.:D

Good luck with your wedding sewo, please come down and visit us more often. We want visitors like you.