• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JHA

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2007
Carrollton, Ga
Our family arriving SRB w/o June 30 staying at Adagio. 6 adults and 2 great grandsons (ages 10 and 13), yes I am the Papa. Any comments on Adagio? Please comment on the following restaurants: Fat Daddy, Chop Stix, Coco's, Elmo's Grill, Bayou Bill's, Goatfeathers, Gravel Road. I know there are many great restaurants along 30A in which I am not asking for info. After a full day at the beach/pool, my family not real interested in eating at really nice restaurants like Red Bar, 331 and many others. Several nights we grill-out. Where would u take your family if a few don't eat seafood?

Also, anyone played golf at Windswept Dunes?

Any additional comments welcome. Thanks so much:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Our family arriving SRB w/o June 30 staying at Adagio. 6 adults and 2 great grandsons (ages 10 and 13), yes I am the Papa. Any comments on Adagio? Please comment on the following restaurants: Fat Daddy, Chop Stix, Coco's, Elmo's Grill, Bayou Bill's, Goatfeathers, Gravel Road. I know there are many great restaurants along 30A in which I am not asking for info. After a full day at the beach/pool, my family not real interested in eating at really nice restaurants like Red Bar, 331 and many others. Several nights we grill-out. Where would u take your family if a few don't eat seafood?

If you don't want seafood, skip Elmo's, Bayou Bills, and Goatfeathers. If you don't want to eat at a really nice restaurant, skip Gravel Road -- it is a couple of steps above the Red Bar in the way of service and menu.
My rule of thumb is that you don't order the chicken or steak at a seafood restaurant. ;-)

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
If you don't want seafood, skip Elmo's, Bayou Bills, and Goatfeathers. If you don't want to eat at a really nice restaurant, skip Gravel Road -- it is a couple of steps above the Red Bar in the way of service and menu.
My rule of thumb is that you don't order the chicken or steak at a seafood restaurant. ;-)

But how do you feel about sushi at a steak house?

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

:welcome: JHA
The Red Bar is not a "really nice" restaurant and is a good place for kids because it is loud, however there is always a wait so you might not want to do that after a day at the beach. I would recommend Amore at Gulf Place at Santa Rosa Beach. Great for kids and adults alike! It's pizza and great salad. Bayou Bills is good for a crowd. Probably not much on their menu but seafood. You can usually find chicken. Oh yea, Fat Daddy's the pizza place on 98. Very good and they deliver. Hope y'all have a wonderful trip!

KansasBorn/30ABound

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2005
Atchison, Kansas
Kids seem to abound at Spicy Noodle in Inlet Beach, pretty good food as well. Something to please everyone there.

Both my kids adore Spicy Noodle. (come to think of it...their parents are pretty fond of it too)

Their "Jethro" bowls of pasta (something we nicknamed them) are large enough to share and/or have left overs for the next days lunch.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
For family members who don't eat seafood (they'd better be allergic or they're missing out) I recommend pizza or salads at Amore in Gulf Place, Blue Orleans, and Enzo's Italian. They all serve a variety of foods and have a casual atmosphere (Enzo's is a little nicer).

Last edited: