• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Tonight I had the pleasure of meeting Pokey's parents. They were the life of the restaurant. So full of enthusiasm for life, good food, WINE, each other, and their loving children and grandchildren! They told me all kinds of stories and we were laughing so hard you would have thought we had known each other forever.:love:

If Pokey is half as fun as her parents then you are one FUNN girl! Can't wait to meet you!!!!:rotfl:

Pokey thank you for sending them to us while on their vacation. :clap: They were so proud that their children had given them this get-a-way for Mother's and Father's Day!!! What a great gift. I will remember that for my own Father and Doug's Mother.

Thank you Thank you:love: :love:

:wave: Kat, Doug & Jamie :welcome:

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Kat, I am afraid to ask what stories you heard. :eek: I hope my mother kept it G rated! :blush: Did you get my whole life story or just the last 30 years? :funn:

As I told you last night, my parents had a blast. They said you were the perfect host and the food was nothing short of amazing. I have to tell you, for my mother to give a raving review you must have put out some spread!! My father loved the fireworks and the view!

The concierge at WaterColor Inn will also hear a glowing report of your restaurant. I hope he will come and try out your place himself; I am sure he will agree with my parents that D&K has the best food and service ever!!:D

For those of you that have not had the pleasure of Kat's company and dinner at D&K, I say run, don't walk to D&K tonight!!:clap: I will have to wait and visit until I can twist my husband's arm that we need a visit to the area. My kids really wanted to go back to Hilton Head this year much to my dismay, and I gave in. :cry: That is ok, I will just come visit for a long weekend without kids; maybe that works out better.

Oh, and as far as my parent's visit being a Mother's Day/Father's Day gift; my parents may have failed to mention that this was also birthday gift, and anniversary gift for the next few years. I didn't have any sibling help in the gift and WaterColor Inn doesn't come cheap:angry: This was a well deserved vacation for my parents, plus I now don't have to think of gift ideas for a while!;-)

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I heart this thread!:love:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:D wonderful funn! seems Kat's job is hosting sowallers and their families... how special is that? :wave:

To me it is very special!!!!;-)

Everyone at the cafe teases me about my love for SoWallers!!!! And they put a big asterisk by your name so I know immediately when I walk in.:clap:

Got to run my daughter to the orthodontist....bye:wave: Kat:D