• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Since I have had grayt success with the referrals I have gotten from Sowalers, I go one more time to the well to see if anyone can recommend a good endocrinologist in the area.

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
The only good endocrinologist is in Panama City. Not sure what problems you are having, but the one is Pensacola is not very intuitive.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
My sugar levels are slightly elevated so I want to have myself checked out for type 2 diabetes. Do you know the name of the endo in PC ? I am in AZ now but I am returning to Sowal in mid June for the summer. TY.

janalea

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2007
Speaking of diabetes, my young son has type 1. Since we are considering a move to Seagrove, I'd like to know the name and location of a great endocrinologist myself. Any info would be appreciated.

Jana:D

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
I have a good friend whose daughter has type I diabetes. She has received great treatment at Namoor's (sp?) in Pensacola for years....don't have a Pensacola directory handy, pm me and I'll get the proper contact information.

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Speaking of diabetes, my young son has type 1. Since we are considering a move to Seagrove, I'd like to know the name and location of a great endocrinologist myself. Any info would be appreciated.

Jana:D

My son is 9 years old and is a Type 1 -we live in Point Washington. He was diagnosed right before Hurricane Ivan when he was 6 years old - we couldn't get into Nemour's at that time due to the damage in Pensacola from the hurricane so chose to go to Children's in Milwaukee, WI (were I'm from and who have one of the leading Pediatric Endocrinology departments in the country - teaching facility so they are the cutting edge of all the latest and greatest).

What a time that was - newly diagnosed, horrible experience in the local hospital - in Niceville - when he was diagnosed and in there for 3 days(Florida is a state for older people - the pediatric care is sorely lacking):eek: . Now we go to Nemour's - making a trip 4x/year back to Milwaukee wasn't possible anymore because of my husband's and my schedules. I have mixed feelings about Nemour's (we've been to Nemour's now 2 times) but would be more than willing to share my experiences. And would LOVE to connect with other parents with children with Type 1 - my son is the only child in his school here with Type 1 diabetes.

Last edited:

springfield4

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
We are frequent visitors to the area and are interested in the endocrinolgy/diabetes management in the area as we have a 15 year-old with type I.
Our son has never had a problem while visiting but would like to know if there is a good endocrinologist in the vicinity.
Thanks!