• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachyteachy

Beach Fanatic
Apr 4, 2005
I can also recommend Dr. Allen and Dr. Petrac. Very happy with both. Dr. Allen especially, is very thorough with kids. My daughter was in the emergency room with croup and they called to get records or something. The ER released us but Dr. Allen told us to come to his office and come straight back! He admitted her to the hospital. He said that croup is so bad a night that we'd be back to the ER anyway. She had a pretty bad case of it and I appreciated him taking precautions. Very caring doctor.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Surprised to hear that opinion about Dr. Clark. I have used her for three years and never had to wait; never felt rushed; and always have gotten terrific care. She is the mom to two little ones; is from Toronto and did her medical work in New Orleans. I highly recommend her, but of course, I would suggest anyone looking for a new doctor make an appontment and interview the doctor. Everyone reacts differently. Dr. Clark is the third doctor I tried once I moved here. Good luck.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I also use Dr Clark and love her & the office. They have always been able to get me in - even asked if I could make there in 15 minutes notice! I also like the Nurse Practioner that works there.

I love Dr Allen as well, been with him for 8 yrs and 2 kids. They actually look forward to seeing him because he nice, and he talks to them. Not about them.

Wouldn't go back to Esses if I was paid! But will drive to FWB for Dr Whitaker.

Wouldn't go back to Toomey either. or Willis...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Dr. Nyugen rocks and has offices in both Ft. Walton and Destin! She was recommended to me by a friend and I now recommend her!

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
If Dr. Willis and Dr. Zielinski are on your plan, I would wager that Dr. Suzy Fitzharris is too as they are all affiliated with Sacred Heart Medical Group. I see Dr. Willis and am very pleased with his approach to health care. My sons go to Dr. Suzy and I cannot say enough good things about her.

Welcome to the area, you'll love living here

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
We use and love Dr. Clark. Sometimes it's a bit inconvenient because her office closes at 2:00, but I understand she's a mom to two little ones. I never feel rushed; in fact, she and her PA have both taken a great deal of time with me over the last few years. She also never fails to ask about ShallowsFuzz and ShallowsSquirt. However, I am thinking it may be time for an internist again for me...too many things in too many areas going on.

For gyn, I should probably try to get closer to home...but I am very happy with Dr. Thomas Moraczewski in Fort Walton. He no longer practices OB, but then again, I no longer need an OB. :cool:

Last edited:

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
I was born here and if you are coming from a more metropolitan area you may be in for a shock.
I love Dr Judge. I drive about an hour and a half to get to her and feel she is very respectful of her patients time. She doesnt keep you waiting for an hour, as you will find is very common around here. I have had poor experiences with Dr Clark and Dr Willis. If Dr Willis is on your insurance, then Dr Psikogios should be on there also. He is competent and as is Dr Judge, very respectful of his patients. I can give you more detaila bout Dr Clark and Dr Willis but not on this public forum.

My husband and I have a house in the works in SoWal so we've already begun to switch to area physicians. I can vouch for Dr. Esses (she goes by Jennifer rather than Ellen). She is very nice and professional and her staff are all pleasant. An extra plus is that she is young. (I hate changing doctors when one retires.) After the birthing center opens, she'll have more days at the Sandestin location rather than her Niceville location. Currently, she is in Niceville most of the time.