• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pokey

Beach Lover
Jul 20, 2005
Kat-You are really making me hungry! When my parents come on Tuesday, can you ask them to order everything and bring me back the leftovers?:lol:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
:love: You love your restaurant and you love your customers and you love SoWallers and your menu makes me cry with desire. And it sounds like the people who work there are happy, too. It's a formula for great food and success. I used to go there (even by myself to just read and enjoy -- of all things -- an appetizer and a hamburg) -- kids liked it, too. So, we most definitely look forward to trying the new D&Ks. Can't wait but have to wait until August. We'll be visiting SoWal with some of our best friends from Michigan and I just told them last night that the three new things I want to do when we're there in August are D&Ks, the swamp raft tour someone wrote about on SoWal.com, and maybe shelling at one of of the out-of-the-way-beaches past Panama City. Frankly, I think we'll definitely do D&K's but the rest will be iffy...

PS: There's a great book called "Small Giants" about small businesses and people who succeed because they have a vision they love and usually want to commit to a community or profession, not necessarily because they want to grow very big. I love that book. It's an inspiration.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
You have outdone yourself. :clap: The website is so enticing!! I will see you in August! Your love of the restaurant is so apparent.

GraysonDave

Beach Comber
May 13, 2007
Paula, can you expand on the out of the way shelling beaches? Is there a thread or website you could direct me to?

JHA

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2007
Carrollton, Ga
I want to bring my family of 8 to your restaurant during our vacation during week of June 30, 2007. Everything I have read has been outstanding. Is one night better than another (less crowded)? Also, I can make your website operational. Please help. thanks. John

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
This is one place I plan to eat at come the last week in June. I am a NEW ORELAN FOOD JUNKIE!!, and this is right down my alley!.

The menu looks like heaven to me!!

CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Last edited:

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
:D Your menu is wonderful, and we can't wait to visit. Will be there in October with 6 others and will call for reservations. Get the soft shell crabs ready please!:clap:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
YEAH :clap:!!! We're going tonite @ 8 for our "maiden voyage" at D&K's. Menu looks scrumptious & so many glowing recommendations (will definitely be trying the seafood dip, JDarg!). My family visiting from Texas are looking forward to another memorable SoWal experience on their last night here!!!