• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I have a rental that is for 2 people only. I had some people show up with one extra person and went ahead and let them rent it. I regretted it.

I agree with the other posters. If it is for 4 people then four people it is. If it was an infant in a pack and play then I could understand but older kids adding to the equation does make it more wear and tear. I dont even like someone wanting to just sleep on the sofa. If I wanted them to do that then I would get a sleeper sofa.

Thanks for letting me have my say :D :wave:
I totally agree.

The people who bring in air mattresses rearrange your furniture, and in doing so can damage your furniture, scratch up wood floors, damage the paint on the wall by shoving furniture against it, etc.

This past spring break a renter had moved the sofa, shoved a chair against the wall (damaged the paint), put a floor lamp and other items in a closet, and placed the CPU of our desktop sideways and running in the seat of an expensive upholstered chair and shoved it under the desk, all to make room for an air mattress. They didn't bother to return the room to the way it was when they arrived. :angry: :pissed:

We have the number of beds for the maximum number of people we want in our home. We do not want people sleeping on a non-sleep sofa or sleeping on air mattresses.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We prefer to rent a place large enough for each person to have space to move around and a bed for rest. We also like tiled floors as opposed to carpet. I mop the floors daily as I am a neat freak. If unit has carpet, I vaccum daily just like home. Many times, the unit is cleaner when I leave than it was when I arrived.
You sound like the renter everyone dreams of having! Unfortunately there are some truly horrific guests whose behavior is so ridiculous you wouldn't believe any of the stories!

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
We prefer to rent a place large enough for each person to have space to move around and a bed for rest. We also like tiled floors as opposed to carpet. I mop the floors daily as I am a neat freak. If unit has carpet, I vaccum daily just like home. Many times, the unit is cleaner when I leave than it was when I arrived.

We also leave the place cleaner then when we arrive. I always try to make sure there are enough beds for people. I try to get a house that will leave us some extra room. I just hate being cramped for space.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
We love clean accomodations and treat all properties as if they were ours. In previous years,we have had the misfortune to be next to units where there were too many people in one unit and the noise as well as the number of people moving around was just impossible. Vacation is for rest and enjoyment. Not to see how much noise and how many people you can tolerate. We were loyal customers at Edgewater since it opened and the Long Beach until a couple of years ago. Too many teenagers allowed to be left by parents and the properties are not cared for or updated as in previous years. We now enjoy 30-A and what it has to offer. Great location, great accomodations, and property owners care about their properties.
We hope to experience another week the last of September. We usually go 4-5 times a year but this year has not been typical. My mother is terminally ill and condition fluctuates. Therefore, I have not made it but once this year and need the beach sooooooooooo bad!!

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
Destiny - You sound like a wonderful asset to the SoWal rental community and this Board. I will say a prayer for you and your mother. Here's hoping you get to the beach soon!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Destiny - You sound like a wonderful asset to the SoWal rental community and this Board. I will say a prayer for you and your mother. Here's hoping you get to the beach soon!

Ditto above, Destiny. My prayers are with you and your beloveds.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
WOW! Now I just had a great renter check out. She called me to let me know they were gone so the cleaning crew could come in and she told me that they washed all the sheets, started the dishwasher and had a load in the dryer. NOW that is what I call a great renter. Helping getting it ready for the next person, (who can now check in earlier since they helped some) :love: THanks Andrea!!!:clap: :clap:

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Sorry about your momma's illness, Destiny. :love: :love: :love:
Hope you can get to the beach soon too. :cool: :cool: :cool:
I've got a little townhouse across the street from the beach, nothin' fancy, but clean. I've posted on here before $50 off for sowalers. More than one renter told me they were renting my place across from the beach, so they could afford more than one vacation this year. ;-) Anyhow, ya'll check it out. www.seacrestinsouthwalton.com. You sound like an awesome guest, gull. :D :cool: