• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I accept. But it may take us a loooong time to get a good critique. We may have to stay there a while!:D

:eek: I think we were just undercut!

I have to have a place to stay now that I'm too embarrassed (or em "bare-a$$ed) to stay with the Hops. Might as well make it a working vacation.

:chill:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Meanwhile, back at the thread, here are my tourist-type comments. I'm basing this on houses we've rented for the last dozen years in Gulf Trace.

Flooring: I don't like staying in houses that have tile or carpet in the living areas. It's easier to get sand off hardwood or laminate. Sturdy doormat rugs at the doors to get that last bit of sand off the toes. Nice to have carpet in the bedrooms, but hardwood is good there, too.

I'm seriously allergic to yellowflies, so a screened-in porch is a must. If no screens, then plenty of powerful fans on porch. Adirondack chairs, rocking chairs, those cool sling-type swings (a one-butt sitting hammock?) are all nice.

I also like to have lots of ceiling fans in a house so that I can turn down the A/C.

I don't care if the couches & furniture are the leftovers from another house as long as they're comfortable enough for a nap or to curl up with a book. (Boo for wicker or bamboo couches in the living room.) Someone also said something about enough eating space--it's cool with me if the eating areas are broken up--a large dining room table, a smaller 4-seat table, a table on the porch.

Last edited:

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
I know when looking for a home to buy for rental there were a couple of things that we personally wanted and those things have been positives for us with guests. We wanted to make sure we had one bedroom and bathroom on the main floor for guests that had a hard time with stairs. We also wanted to make sure our kitchen and eating area were on the main floor so that you did not have to go up stairs everytime you wanted to gather for family time. These have been two big characteristics that keep our home rented that guests are looking for. Of course, everything else everyone has mentioned are great also.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Master on the first and second floor, private, outdoor hot and cold shower, fire place, private pool!!:D Do you have a builder??:D