• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Prominence

They are also advertising a 'tram' to the beach.

Wonder where that will run?
Original, the developers were saying that the tram would run to Deer Lake State Park, but they close the gates at sunset, so I'm not sure how that would work for all of the people who enjoy sunsets on the beach.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
Prominence

Check out this link (may have to cut and past into address bar) below to their "row" homes...is it just me or does this architecture just total miss the mark for a beach property. It looks so out of place exterior and interior.

last time i checked they were asking very high prices for this product...i predict they will not achieve those prices and will struggle to move this product at a profitable price.

any thoughts??

http://tponline.realty-wire.com/Users/7D543FAB-2BF0-4EBC-A736-5DBA95E185C8/{30AA9A23-6E6B-4B9C-B6EB-D024981080BC}/{30AA9A23-6E6B-4B9C-B6EB-D024981080BC}.pdf

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

The interior is looking a little low-country, and I'm not sure what exactly the exterior is supposed to look like. One drive by, and it's easy to see that it sticks out a bit from the norm around here. Maybe when they complete the development, it will not stand out so much.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

Based on your pics it has typical interiors and the exterior is an amalgam of the Village at Baytowne Wharf and Watersound.

With the exception of a few well done developments, most of this area's "architecture" doesn't exactly follow a specific style.

Missplaced

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2007

Check out this link (may have to cut and past into address bar) below to their "row" homes...is it just me or does this architecture just total miss the mark for a beach property. It looks so out of place exterior and interior.

last time i checked they were asking very high prices for this product...i predict they will not achieve those prices and will struggle to move this product at a profitable price.

any thoughts??

http://tponline.realty-wire.com/Users/7D543FAB-2BF0-4EBC-A736-5DBA95E185C8/{30AA9A23-6E6B-4B9C-B6EB-D024981080BC}/{30AA9A23-6E6B-4B9C-B6EB-D024981080BC}.pdf

egrp

Apparently Mozilla, has a problem with long urls. It expands posts to the length of the url so Mozilla users have to continually scroll back and forth to read your post. This was happening to a lot of readers on a blog I frequent, and tinyurl.com was the recommended solution. It works!

Their tiny for your lengthy! http://tinyurl.com/yqgaba :clap:

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005

i just don't think brick belongs anywhere on a house around the beach...aka no brick chimneys like in natures walk and no brick fireplace etc.

there should be some kinda rule ;-)

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston

Any idea what the prices are? I agree they need to price it right to move it considering the lack of beach access.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL

The one they had in the Parade was something like $2.9 million. Inside it was designed to impress, and left us both pretty cold. "Look! We've got six pots sitting on our commercial range to show you that it really, really is a commercial range!" "Ooh, an office where the furniture is arranged to give you mental images of the master disciplining his minions!"

For all that the Watersound and Watercolor homes nearby convey the idea of a luxury property, they're also good at feeling warm and inviting, something that the Prominence town house failed to do. At that price point, you also get better fit and finish in the Water developments or a place like Cypress Breeze. The Prominence stair bannisters looked like the ones in my Aunt Katie's nice-but-decidedly-middle-class 1979 era split level ranch.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

i just don't think brick belongs anywhere on a house around the beach...aka no brick chimneys like in natures walk and no brick fireplace etc.

there should be some kinda rule ;-)

It's hard to beat brick as a chimney material.