• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JustBeachy

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Blue Mtn. Beach
Old Florida Fish House, just past the Cafe 30-A is kid friendly. Not sure how long it's been open, but we stumbled on it the other night with our kids and were seated fairly quickly. There is a game room for kids and the food is great! :D

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Please remember that kid friendly DOESN'T mean "let your child/infant scream all through the meal so that other diners can't even have a conversation". I have been absolutely appalled by some parent's behavior lately and wondered what was wrong with their poor kids (besides their parents) that they were so unhappy!

I love kids and think it's funn to see them out enjoying family time and Sowal dining, but please take screaming children outside or make some minimal effort to comfort them!

destinconcierge

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2007
Miramar Beach
www.myspace.com
The locals will know for sure, but I think its called The Crab Shack in Destin that has a playground on the beach right outside the restaurant. Kids can play while you wait. It has always been busy when we were there. Usually quite crowded inside, and so so food----all of that from someone who has only been there three times.

The Crab Trap (in Miramar Beach) no longer has a playground....except for the newly restored beach that is beautiful! :D

BeachyQueen

Beach Comber
May 28, 2007
Several of the playground areas on the beach areas behind local restaurants were unfortunately damaged or washed away in the last hurry-cane. But really, who needs monkey bars when ya got miles of gorgeous beach to play on?? :D