• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I don't know about you Sowallers out there but I have had nothing but trouble with my carrier delivering my mail. I haven't recieved bank statements, my mail has been delivered to another address, and my mail box has repeated been left open.

I have called the post office complaining, asked my neighbors if they have had trouble, and even change my bank statements to be delivered to my office (hoping that might help).

I know I'm not being singled out because I have heard others in different neighborhoods complain.

What's a person to do? :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My carriers are good. They still deliver mail to me, even though it is addressed to a place where I lived 2 years ago. Once in a while, they leave the mail box open, but that is probably more due to my mailbox being slightly disfunctional.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
joho,
Does it happen all the time? Your regular carrier might have a new substitute when he/she is not working. That was happening to my husband when he was off. His route customers knew something was different and told him. He talked with the route supervisor and sub and things improved. Sub was in too big of a hurry and was putting mail in wrong boxes as well as not picking up all mail out of boxes the customers were mailing out. Maybe inquire about the sub or monitor to determine if it is a new person or the regular carrier.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
joho,
Does it happen all the time? Your regular carrier might have a new substitute when he/she is not working. That was happening to my husband when he was off. His route customers knew something was different and told him. He talked with the route supervisor and sub and things improved. Sub was in too big of a hurry and was putting mail in wrong boxes as well as not picking up all mail out of boxes the customers were mailing out. Maybe inquire about the sub or monitor to determine if it is a new person or the regular carrier.

I always seem to miss my carrier due to the fact my mails delivered when I'm at work. I have left him a sticky post it asking him to close box. I realize these postal jobs are bid through contracts then postal carrier supervisors hire people to deliver. I just wish they were more selective in hiring.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I get my mail at the post office because of this and other problems...it is pretty bad around here in my experience....this is the first place I have ever lived (and I have lived a lot of places) where the mail/postal service is so bad. But, the ladies who run the post office at Seaside are the BEST!

TripleB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 15, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Please don't "tick off" your mail carriers. They may go "postal".

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
My carrier does a grayt job. I do a lot of catalog ordering and there are days his back has to hurt from my mail.:lol: He always has a smile and a kind word.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
My carrier does a grayt job. I do a lot of catalog ordering and there are days his back has to hurt from my mail.:lol: He always has a smile and a kind word. I also have elderly neighbors, and he delivers the mail to their door.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
no complaints here in dune allen...

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
At least it's been a while since we've gotten mail addressed to some nice folks in Choctaw Beach, but there seem to be some problems they've got on a regional level here.

But the main reason I switched over to paying almost all my bills online was persistent problems with bills both inbound and outbound not getting there on time, if at all.

And then there was the time they misplaced my issue of the Economist that was supposed to cover Katrina and go out the week after the storm. It showed up in my mailbox in December.