• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
Mine too.:rotfl: Our only problem was when Mermy sent me the teabag in an envelope and I received an empty envelope.

The carrier picks up and delivers. The machines direct where the mail should go and also are known to rip envelopes. All carriers are not bad. Some are long time, loyal employees and not contract workers. Most can be trusted with your mail.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The carrier picks up and delivers. The machines direct where the mail should go and also are known to rip envelopes. All carriers are not bad. Some are long time, loyal employees and not contract workers. Most can be trusted with your mail.[/quote]

I know that- and I like our carriers. The envelope in question was very clearly carefully slit open, not ripped in a machine. We can only figure someone thought the teabag was drugs.:lol: It was pretty funny.

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
jdarg,
We have had opened mail too and my husband is a rural carrier. :rotfl: :rotfl:

My husband is a long time employee. There is a lot of frustration among the regular carriers with the contract workers as many of them don't provide quality customer service and have no responsibility to the Postal Service. :bang: :pissed: That gives the Postal Service a bad name.
We can thank our Congress for the changes in the Postal Service. Congress enacted the contract work force. They should be contacted with every complaint and maybe good service will return throughout USPS. Olders carrieres routes are being cut to make room for the contract workers. That is more expensive and opens the door to numerous problems. :yikes: :dunno:

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
Joho, the postmaster here is Joyce huggins. She is a real pain in the a##. We had to go through the chain of command to get our mail delivered. She said that because of the unpaved conditions they couldn't deliver mail in some of the Pt. Washington area. Even though tractor trailers, Fed-Ex and ups could get here. PM me, my wife has all the numbers and contact info and you could me and I'll send my phone#. One last thing, walking wasn't an option. Ive received mail all over the world and never had a problem till I moved here

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I LIKE our carriers!! And they didn't open my mail- that happened somewhere else along the way. We figured it was some sort of Homeland Security thing.:roll:

Last edited:

Destiny

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2005
West Central Georgia
:dunno: Mail should be delivered no matter how rural or the dirt roads. Sometimes have to take a detour after a long rain if bridge is washed out or other conditions. Dirt roads in GA are muddy but the mail is still delivered. I hope someone has contacted the Regional Postal Manager as sometimes the Office Postmaster can be a pain to deal with, especially when contract workers are in most of the offices now.
The regular carriers are loyal to the oath of delivery in rain, snow, sleet, or hail (hell sometimes to deliver :rotfl: ). :clap:

Last edited: