• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I have been looking at Kurt's wonderful virtual tours. :clap:

What is the difference between Watersound and Watersound beach? It is similiar to the Publix side of Watercolor as opposed to the beachside?

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
"Watersound Beach" is St. Joe's beachfront development on 30a (started out as plain old Watersound).

"Watersound" is the St. Joe development on 98 about 1/2 mile east and 1 mile north of "Watersound Beach". It doesn't have direct beach access, but homeowners will be able to join the Watersound Beach Club located in Watersound Beach.

You didn't ask, but "Watersound West" is another St. Joe community about 1 mile west of Watersound beach. It is on 30a and has beach access via a long boardwalk, but is not really beachfront in the same way the "Watersound Beach" is.

All three communities will eventually share amenities.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
"Watersound Beach" is St. Joe's beachfront development on 30a (started out as plain old Watersound).

"Watersound" is the St. Joe development on 98 about 1/2 mile east and 1 mile north of "Watersound Beach". It doesn't have direct beach access, but homeowners will be able to join the Watersound Beach Club located in Watersound Beach.

You didn't ask, but "Watersound West" is another St. Joe community about 1 mile west of Watersound beach. It is on 30a and has beach access via a long boardwalk, but is not really beachfront in the same way the "Watersound Beach" is.

All three communities will eventually share amenities.

Thanks!:clap:

elliedog

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2005
Birmingham & WaterSound
The only amenity they will share is the beach club, if someone wants to join it at a fairly high cost. The WaterSound Beach amenities are owned by the Homeowners Assn.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
The only amenity they will share is the beach club, if someone wants to join it at a fairly high cost. The WaterSound Beach amenities are owned by the Homeowners Assn.

True? I was told "pool hopping" would be possible when I bought at Watersound (Beach), but that was 6 years ago (I don't know why you'd want to do that anyway). I was also told there would be a tennis center and golf at Watersound North (now just plain old Watersound) that would be available to all Watersound/Beach/West Beach owners.

JOE (St. Joe, that is) seems to be changing their story over time, and I haven't talked to a sales agent in ages, so I wouldn't be at all suprised if things have changed since when I bought.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
JOE (St. Joe, that is) seems to be changing their story over time, and I haven't talked to a sales agent in ages, so I wouldn't be at all suprised if things have changed since when I bought.

JOE gave most of its sales agents the boot when it reorganized into a "placemaking" organization.

waterfun

Beach Comber
Jun 10, 2007
Old Seagrove
An unbiased agent can help you make an informed decision about all of the great areas that 30-A has to offer.

Bobby Johnson 850 865 7798
Mark Frohsin 850 866 2008
Garner Chandler 850 622 1074

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What do you mean by "high cost?" The most recent cost to join the Beach Club which I've heard for buyers in WaterSound was a special price of $2,500. That is much less than the original offering which I believe was around $25,000. Did JOE change that again?:dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
As much as I love the beauty of the beach at WS, I have found it to be a very confusing layout. I get lost everytime I go there and vow not to return. :bang: Wait a minute...perhaps that is the plan...to keep people like me away!!! :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As much as I love the beauty of the beach at WS, I have found it to be a very confusing layout. I get lost everytime I go there and vow not to return. :bang: Wait a minute...perhaps that is the plan...to keep people like me away!!! :D
Apparently, you've never driven through WaterColor, trying to find the exit.