• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Hey, at the risk of sounding like a spammer, I found this website: restaurant.com. They sell gift certificates at a discount. They sell a $25 gift certificate to Cafe Provence for $10. Also, if you google "restaurant.com discount code" you can almost always find a discount code. Right now there's a 50% off code "ALLSTAR" that expires today (but there's always new one's coming up). So you get a $25 certificate that you can print immediately for $5. Pays for a bottle of wine!

Quite a few other restaurants in destin/freeport/niceville, not too many on 30a. You can search by town or zip code.

My wife cringes when I pull out the gift certificate, but the savings are great.

In case any of you are interested, Mr. Zombori is now working at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City (where I live; I was just reading some of the articles he mentioned in class) as an instructor for the Culinary Management program. As a matter of fact, I'm one of his students. He seems to be a very fun person to be around. I am enjoying him as my instructor. It's funny, in a way, because he'll teach 10 minutes or so on something, and then spend 30 minutes recounting a story from his past. He does have many interesting stories to tell. [Heck, with a 3 1/2 to 4 hour class, I guess he'd HAVE to fill some time with stories since our uniforms and knives aren't in yet (thus, we can't cook, and this frustrates him to no end).]

He's a real stickler for punctuality, too. I was stuck behind every semi in Bay County this morning trying to make it to the 8AM class he teaches. I came in three minutes late, and missed roll call. I didn't notice him make a change to the roll when I apologized and mentioned this to him, but I hope I was just too busy being embarrassed to notice!

But anywho, Chef Sandor is alive and well, but I'm not sure if he still lives in Seagrove Beach or not. I haven't thought to ask.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That's nothing. I had a Classical Music History teacher who locked the door when his class began. The first couple times someone was late, he waved at them through the small window in the door. Needless to say, he didn't let them in.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks for the update!

My favorite class in high school, believe it or not, was LATIN! Very cool teacher who spent 10 minutes on the language and the rest of the time teaching us Roman history. One day he wore a toga to class.